Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 08:02 PM

2,309 posts, read 2,320,291 times

Advertisements

Just wanted to do a wuick poll. SInce I don't know how to do a poll question, I thought I would just ask.
I will go first:
3 months with first realtor
2 months with second.
Anyone know the ave day on market for PA homes? (Still hoping this last couple takes the plunge! )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2007, 08:22 PM

261 posts, read 955,226 times
We've been on since July 11th, First agent. Contract ends in January. We've had more activity in the last couple of weeks (Thankyou St. Joseph), but we still haven't been able to sell. And yes, we are the once that got a $55,000 offer below our asking. We didn't accept. Found out yesterday from our agent that the couple that put in that offer, have put 11 other offers on Condos in our area, low balling all of them. Hoping that someone would be desperate enough to sell at the price they offer.

Old 11-06-2007, 08:25 PM

335 posts, read 1,181,801 times
3 months with our first realtor, 4 days with our new realtor. Greenville, SC

Liz

Old 11-06-2007, 08:34 PM

1,174 posts, read 6,947,475 times
Listed the SFH in December '06 . . . Sold it in late February '07 . . . just a hair over 60 days. Market was in the greater L.A. area.

Listing was for 90 days. I never go longer. There is no reason for it.

If the Realtor is performing well on trying to get it sold, they know it will be extended for another 90 days. If they're doing a poor job, there's no reason to be locked into a bad situation for a longer time.

90 days also gives them a reason to work on selling it, rather than just letting it sit with the hopes of it being discovered on an MLS. There's always the idea that they might loose the listing when the expiration date approaches. It's good motivation for them.

Old 11-06-2007, 09:30 PM

3,689 posts, read 10,422,785 times
we have been on the market since march. Our sub-division is under HUD control at the moment, meaning there are a handful of HUD's and short sales that are making it hard for normal sales to happen. Were just keeping it on the market and waiting for them to disappear.

We have great Realtors and have had some very good experiences with them in the past.

Old 11-07-2007, 03:43 AM

14,229 posts, read 30,055,047 times
2 summers. And it's getting really old!

Old 11-07-2007, 05:50 AM

301 posts, read 1,547,642 times
We are going into our 8th month.4 months first broker.We have had a lot of lookers here of late.Always told we are 2nd choice.They are having a area wide broker and agent caravan of the area tomorrow.Our house is on the list.I was hoping they would try the auction price deal with a 72 hr bid time frame.Broker suggested it but now is backed away from it.I have come to the place I don't think we will sell.I read this piece yesterday.One persons point of veiw.I'm also surprized someone hasn't posted any of the articles about the agents leaving for other jobs.Sorry for thr highjack

CNN: Worst is yet to come for housing < CriticalShill > 11/06 10:25:44

[SIZE=2]2008 outlook: Housing [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Prices will sink even deeper. When it comes to housing, 2008 will be one bleak house scenario. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]By Amanda Gengler, Money Magazine writer-reporter [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]November 6 2007: 9:01 AM EST [/SIZE]

[SIZE=2](NEW YORK) Money Magazine -- Although home prices nationwide are down 4.2 percent from a year ago, "the worst is yet to come," says Joshua Shapiro, chief U.S. economist at consulting firm Maria Fiorini Ramirez. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Just how bad will it get? According to Fiserv Lending Solutions, the median home price nationwide is expected to tumble 5.7 percent next year, which would make it the worst year for real estate in at least 40 years. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]And some previously sizzling markets in places like Florida and Nevada will likely suffer double-digit drops. "You'll probably see a turnaround sooner in the Northeast because there wasn't as much overbuilding," says Patrick Newport of Global Insight, an economic forecasting firm. Even some midwestern cities like Cleveland and Detroit, which never experienced a boom, could see modest drops due to their ailing economies. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]For sale: 2 million homes [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]The problem stems from that classic economic conundrum: too much supply and too little demand. As of September, some 4 million existing homes were languishing on the market - almost double the number three years ago - in addition to 523,000 new homes. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Homes in foreclosure, projected to jump 25 percent next year to 1 million, further add to the backlog. Lenders, meanwhile, have dramatically tightened their borrowing requirements as defaults have risen, shrinking the pool of qualified buyers. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]If you were hoping to sell a home anytime soon, it's a pretty grim picture. Prices aren't expected to rebound until 2009 at the earliest, and most experts think it will take several years for home values to get back to pre-bust levels. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]

Old 11-07-2007, 07:40 AM

333 posts, read 1,064,386 times
We've had ours up since the beginning of May with the same realtor.....one offer in the first couple days that was accepted...and fell through.
No offers since.

Thinking about giving our agent till the end of the month and then looking for a someone new......? (it's been a long debated topic...)

Old 11-07-2007, 07:58 AM

2,309 posts, read 2,320,291 times
I know everyone keeps writing about how bad things are, but you can't focus on that. Just focus positive energy on selling your home...it will happen. It just may take longer and you may have to accept a lower offer than you want.
I wish us all luck!

Old 11-07-2007, 09:12 AM

55 posts, read 469,214 times
We've been on the market in South Florida since June - just renewed our listing with our realtor. Six walk-throughs in six months, no offers. Very little has sold in our neighborhood, and there is a lot to choose from.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate