Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2012, 10:44 AM

36 posts, read 105,161 times

Advertisements

My realtor quit yesterday. So today i called my movers advantage team with my bank and they said that we need a release to move forward on any house the realtor had shown us. They are attempting to get one from the broker company so that we can go with someone else but until then if we make an offer on a house she showed us, she is still entitled to her commission. And considering she has shown us everything in our range in the town we want to buy in, are we screwed?

I personally emailed her asking for her to release us. Her response was: Good Luck. Now that could be a good luck, hope you find a home or a good luck go eff yourself, you are not getting a thing from me.

Where does this go from here? Other than us having to leave the location we want to live in? Also, how long is that 'rule' valid for? We are in MA.

Thank you in advance if you can help us to understand this better. I personally don't get it, she quit us, not the other way around.
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2012, 10:57 AM

4,399 posts, read 10,670,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by insertname View Post
My realtor quit yesterday. So today i called my movers advantage team with my bank and they said that we need a release to move forward on any house the realtor had shown us. They are attempting to get one from the broker company so that we can go with someone else but until then if we make an offer on a house she showed us, she is still entitled to her commission. And considering she has shown us everything in our range in the town we want to buy in, are we screwed?

I personally emailed her asking for her to release us. Her response was: Good Luck. Now that could be a good luck, hope you find a home or a good luck go eff yourself, you are not getting a thing from me.

Where does this go from here? Other than us having to leave the location we want to live in? Also, how long is that 'rule' valid for? We are in MA.

Thank you in advance if you can help us to understand this better. I personally don't get it, she quit us, not the other way around.
Is she the broker or just an agent. Go talk to her boss and get the release.

Old 04-14-2012, 10:58 AM

4,511 posts, read 13,580,010 times
Did you sign an employment agreement? If you did, then that dictates the terms of when your agreement terminates, and when your agent is due a commission paid either by you, or from the listing broker of the home you buy. If so, then you likely need a release from your agent's broker so you can hire another agent. Another option is to have the broker reassign another agent to you, as the agreement is with the broker and not the agent (unless the agent is also the broker in charge). Also check the agreement to see if it covers the situation where your agent "quits" on you. The agreement should outline their responsibilities.

If you have no written agreement, then you are free to work with any other agent. However, your new agent may run into a procuring cause situation with your previous agent where your previous agent may try to claim the commission. That is for them to work out. However, just showing you a home is a very weak claim.

Old 04-14-2012, 11:03 AM

Thank you.

We actually didn't sign anything in the way of an agreement with her that we recall. We were having issues submitting an offer via pdf so she printed and signed all forms for us. Pretty sure we didn't sign anything stating her commission etc.

In the past when we sold our last home we signed an agreement but i do not recall one here. Our bank is requesting the release directly from the company.

Thank you very much for the quick replies!

Old 04-14-2012, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by insertname View Post
...We were having issues submitting an offer via pdf so she printed and signed all forms for us. ...
Did you give her power of attorney? She can't sign forms for you.

Old 04-14-2012, 11:10 AM

You also mentioned that you are working through Movers Advantage. They may have an agreement with your agent/broker for a commission referral fee. In that case, they may require a release so they can sign up another agent to work with you.

Old 04-14-2012, 11:43 AM

Yes, they are working on getting the release for us. I honestly wish it wasn't at this point. I had every faith she would get this job done, feeling kind of foolish now.

No power of attorney. Scanner wouldn't work so she signed for us to get it in on time.

Old 04-14-2012, 02:41 PM

6,957 posts, read 22,309,298 times
Ahhh Keyword Movers Advantage a USAA program.

They only have a few "approved" (Approved means the agents pay USAA a hefty fee for the right to be used in the program) agents around. It could be they are trying to put another USAA agent in her place.

Your mileage may vary.

I rebated a buyer just a bit more than USAA would have in their package and he used me instead of one of their agents. USAA mortgage did a pretty good job for us until the final week when they sort of went AWOL on us.

Old 04-14-2012, 02:53 PM

I have to commend USAA, considering the bad rep they seem to get around here, we called them earlier and we already have a new realtor assigned.

The office wouldn't release us but the realtor did with the condition that if we want to go with one of 2 houses she showed, she represents us. And we are good with that as long as it is legit, she worked hard and we want to see her paid for that if we can.

Last time i used USAA for a home loan i had no hiccups, nor the time before. In fact it wasn't until i moved North that i heard anything bad about them. Then i read a few forums and scared myself half to death with the horror stories.

I guess i don't understand at all why this realtor would pay a hefty fee to be involved in a program she dislikes.

I guess when this is over i will know if all the scare stories about USAA are true or not. Like i said, 2 loans through them previously, everything through them and never any issues. I am going to pray that 3's a charm

Old 05-13-2012, 12:11 PM

804 posts, read 2,892,277 times
We used USAA Movers Advantage and our realtor 'changed realtor offices' the two days we were in town to see houses. VERY FRUSTRATING!

We looked at a house with her on (lets just say) Tuesday evening and had scheduled to see several more the next morning. We got up, got ready and received a text saying she is no longer with USAA Movers Advantage and we need a new realtor. I immediatly called her and she confirmed she was moving to another agency and would not be able to be our realtor.

We were very upset beacause she knew the night we viewed a house she would be leaving and not be able to be our realtor but still scheduled to see other houses with us and acted as if nothing was going to change.

Once our process is complete in buying a house I am going to make sure USAA and the Broker at our realtor know of our problems we had so hopefully they dont happen to someone else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate