Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 12:04 PM

127 posts, read 234,553 times

Advertisements

I've told my story here, once before, but ... need to bring it up again.

I need your help.

Seriously.

Please read the story in the link, attached.

Yes: It's all true. Yes: I've been sick for about three years, and simply cannot get my health back. No: They're not sure what's wrong with me, and I'm seeing some of the best of the best. Yes: They took all of our money. Yes: The emotional toll it's taken is overwhelming, to say the least. I'm lost.

Please share/re-post this article, if you will. I want the story to go viral. If it can help prevent this from happening to somebody else, I want it to. If the story can get in front of somebody who can help my wife and me, well ... I'm confident that person will know what to do, and how to do it.

The View From the Gulag

I'm about to turn 48 years old, and ... to my knowledge ... I've never hurt a soul.

But I've lost everything.

Can you PLEASE help me make this story go viral ?? Please ???

I have faith that ... with help ... it will get to SOMEBODY who knows what to do, and can do it.

I'm just about non-functional, at this point. I have neither the health, the energy, nor the resources to do ... just about anything else.

My sincere thanks.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2012, 10:12 AM

95 posts, read 290,768 times
I'm not trying to be a dick but I've never lived in a quiet community my entire life. From the gunshots of downtown Denver, to the suburbs of boulder, to the gunshots of LA, I've experienced my share of low income housing.

This is an extremely long article and it took a wile to read the entire thing. First of all its ****ed up that that you had to pay such major court fees due to your issue, however, Its hard to say if a dogs being mistreated or is just a bad apple. Wile i don't doubt your story the laws, on dog treatment are extremely lax. When i was living in Lafayette our neaibor would leave there dog out in the snow or any other element every night. The dog would howl for hours in pain, as a major animal sympathizer i felt his pain however i knew i was powerless to stop the abuse. I personally have dogs that where found stray.

This is a metaphor for our entire country, you can hear the pains of USA no matter where you go, however any normal person is completely powerless to stop the economic downturn that's currently happening to our country and will continue to happen in the foreseeable future.

OUR GOVERNMENT IS CORRUPT. BIG SURPRISE!!

Calling your back yard a Gulag is insulting to many of us low income apt dwelling hard workers.

Maybe to cheer you up your backyard patio from the picture is larger than my entire apt. I hear the train every time it passes can almost feel it because its only 30 feet away from my apt. My bed vibrates every time it passes. And i pay over 750/ month to live here.

However this should go viral as much as any other news story. someone got ****ed in the US.... and no one cares until it happens to them. Everyone now a days is F'd.

I recommend buying ear plugs and putting your house on the market. Nothing will happen unless YOU take personal action, and no, that doesn't mean complaining to the government.

Last edited by ledjar; 05-17-2012 at 11:22 AM..

Old 05-17-2012, 11:10 AM

26,214 posts, read 49,044,521 times
Not much help is going to come if this stays in the Fort Collins forum, so I'm moving it to the Real Estate forum as the OP's issues will benefit from a wider audience of people who can focus on the issues, not the location.

I hope the OP finds some help and relief to their situation.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 05-17-2012, 02:13 PM

179 posts, read 516,708 times
Not to sound rude but I also lived in a situation where I lived very close to neighbors and one eventually brought home a dog. Our lots were only .2 acres so we were REALLY close and they put the dog's pen next to the side of the fence that we shared. It was also on the side where my newborn and 2 year old slept. At first things were fine but eventually they left the dog in the pen ALL the time. They grew tired of him. Well he barked and barked and barked. They did finally find him a new home but I almost bought a device on the internet that would emit a high pierce that only the dog could hear. I could install it on my side of the fence. I would have gone that route to start with.

Old 05-17-2012, 02:55 PM

3,398 posts, read 5,105,878 times
I don't get something. I know hindsight is 20/20 and sometimes it's easy for someone else to look at itand say what you should have done. If I'm off base I'm sorry. But, if you are able to pursue the matter and contact people and spend a ton of money on a barking dog lawsuit(which seems to me ridiculous) I would think you also have the ability to sell the house, pay movers and move. It would be cheaper and less stressful. Also, now that the offending dog is gone I think the proof is also unless you have it on tape.

Old 05-17-2012, 03:05 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Not to be unsympathetic to someone suffering health problems, but why in the world didn't you just move? Why would you waste $100,000 to pursue this?

It was time to move on but you dug your heels in and let the stress make you sicker. Why?

Old 05-17-2012, 03:16 PM

4,280 posts, read 12,669,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Not to be unsympathetic to someone suffering health problems, but why in the world didn't you just move? Why would you waste $100,000 to pursue this?

It was time to move on but you dug your heels in and let the stress make you sicker. Why?

I agree. Why?

Old 05-17-2012, 04:38 PM

491 posts, read 2,290,664 times
You are internalizing a lot of stress and not letting go, even when, at the end of your saga it says that those people have moved out. So what do you want now?

Please let it go. This kind of obsessing will lead to more illness. Perhaps you should see a therapist who can help you deal with stress better, before you damage yourself further.

Old 05-17-2012, 06:18 PM

4,483 posts, read 9,293,258 times
We can complain about our neighbors by name on here?

Old 05-17-2012, 06:32 PM

3,398 posts, read 5,105,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sll3454 View Post
We can complain about our neighbors by name on here?
I wouldn't advise it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate