Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 01:38 PM

333 posts, read 1,063,366 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraSatin View Post
I actually like the red accent wall. However, the room that is pink you might want to think about making neutral. Someone buying your home might be a parent or parents with a son that won't want to deal with painting a room for him. I know it's silly, but if they can find something else that doesn't need the work then they'd probably go for that instead.

Also, that pink room looks pretty small. Try taking out the woven baskets (or boxes, whatever they are) and especially the bottle of water sitting on them, then try the picture from an angle facing the bed maybe. You want to make the room look as big as possible. Maybe a wide-angle lense camera?

Otherwise, I think it's really nice.
Thank you Sara.
That's actually a phone, not a water bottle. The room IS small! I'm SO ready to move into my new master bedroom!
I will try taking out the trunks - thanks for the tip. If it gets much later...the room will look plenty big...I'll have all my stuff moved out!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2007, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfingatwork View Post
first, what a great townhouse! second Personally I think your color choices in the bedrooms need to be neutralized a bit. The rooms are definitely female friendly in color. I love 'em but I don't think a lot of men would care to have a pink room. Speaking of color, what color do you have on the walls in your dining room/area? I love it. I'm thinking of repaining my guest bedroom and am looking for colors. The rest of the colors in the TH I think are great. Lastly, is that a dehumidifier on the floor in the room with the green wall? or an air purifier? mmmm..... do you possibly have kitty cat smells in the house and that's why it's needed? The pictures on the wall looks like it's a cat which made me wonder about smells. other than that i think your place is great. good luck.
Thank you!
Wow...you all don't miss a beat!
It is a dehumidifier in the basement. The reason we have it - because it is a basement - it gets somewhat "damp" feeling down there. That helps it out a little. Yes, we did have a kitty there. She has been out since we put the house up. I know that people who don't have pets say they can smell pets when the owners cannot, but I'm pretty confident in saying that our house does not smell of cats. We've actually had many comments on how good our house does smell...

(Not sure what color that is on the walls in the dining area. I MAY still have the paint sample card...I'd have to check.)

Old 09-18-2007, 01:45 PM

582 posts, read 2,009,067 times
Hopefully it won't get that bad. Just try playing around with angles. Maybe even angle the bed to the corner instead of taking up the whole middle of the room? Also, if that doesn't work see if you can find a bed frame and just a headboard, not having a footboard will add a few inches in actual space but tends to make the room look bigger.

Old 09-18-2007, 01:47 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,273,258 times
I apologize if these comments are silly, but there are two things I don't understand on the listing for the property. First of all, let me say it looks like a great townhouse, but where in the lisitng is the square footage listed? I looked through the website and never saw it. Maybe I am looking in the wrong place and if so I apologize, but as a potential buyer I would want to know the square footage before dciding whether or not I should bother with a showing. And what does it mean when it says Bathroom: 1.1? Is their one full bath and one half bath? Maybe it is aregional thing but where I am from that would be listed as 1.5 bathrooms. What does the 1.1 mean? Just curious.

I agree with other posters, chekc the comps. What have recent resales in your development gone for? Are you asking too much?

Old 09-18-2007, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
I apologize if these comments are silly, but there are two things I don't understand on the listing for the property. First of all, let me say it looks like a great townhouse, but where in the lisitng is the square footage listed? I looked through the website and never saw it. Maybe I am looking in the wrong place and if so I apologize, but as a potential buyer I would want to know the square footage before dciding whether or not I should bother with a showing. And what does it mean when it says Bathroom: 1.1? Is their one full bath and one half bath? Maybe it is aregional thing but where I am from that would be listed as 1.5 bathrooms. What does the 1.1 mean? Just curious.

I agree with other posters, chekc the comps. What have recent resales in your development gone for? Are you asking too much?
The square footage isn't listed. In the past six years, I have never seen a townhome in our complex list the square footage! (weird, huh?) I know that's fairly easy to figure out - something I'll bring up to my agent. The 1.1 baths means a bath and a half. (we have a powder room on the first floor)

We just recently had another realtor tour through our house. All of the agents through said it's a good price - and that it shows great. I know that it's really a shoddy market...but there have to be some buyers still out there!!!

Old 09-18-2007, 01:59 PM

9,116 posts, read 17,718,482 times
Belize, you have to face facts now and get aggressive w/your pricing. Your home either needs to stand out from the rest (which I'm assuming it doesnt') or you need to be super aggressive w/the pricing.

There's prob a ton of inventory in your area and buyers can have a field day on what to choose, correct? If so, you really need to sit down and analyze your price.

Old 09-18-2007, 02:02 PM

1,408 posts, read 8,019,787 times
N. Raleigh Guy i saw the 1.1 thing too and figured it meant one full, one half but did think it was a tad odd.

belize this is definitely a great place for feedback.

I noticed the dehumidifer because I have one myself and i'm proudly owned by 2 dogs myself but keep in mind while a few may have said the place smells great others may look at the pictures and think has little kitty peed/marked all over the carpet in this room (because you're place is spotless i know that never happened)? or look at the cute cat pictures but oh no i'm allergic that means the carpets will have to be ripped out. you want everything to appeal to a greater audience.

If you can find the chip great but don't spend more than a minute looking. thanks though.

I forgot to ask is the main bathroom a jack 'n jill bath? If it is my guess is it's a negative to your townhouse.

Last edited by surfingatwork; 09-18-2007 at 02:04 PM.. Reason: forgot one question

Old 09-18-2007, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
Belize, you have to face facts now and get aggressive w/your pricing. Your home either needs to stand out from the rest (which I'm assuming it doesnt') or you need to be super aggressive w/the pricing.

Face hard facts. There's prob a ton of inventory in your area and buyers can have a field day on what to choose, correct? If so, you really need to sit down and analyze your price.
And...the lower priced homes...if they're not going either?
I'm not trying to be that seller that says my house is worth more than that guy's house....but when nothing is moving?

I appreciate your "telling like it is" Jack. I don't mean to sound like I don't. It's after all, what I asked for.

Old 09-18-2007, 02:04 PM

1,145 posts, read 4,210,677 times
That's a good sign that your realtor says it's a good price and shows well. Maybe I missed it, but are a lot of people touring your townhome? Or are you not getting any viewings at all?

And I wouldn't count on "some buyers still out there". Buyers know the news is getting worse, and that we are heading towards the slow holiday season. So price drops are very likely to occur. Is there any good reason why a buyer shouldn't wait until Dec or Jan?

Old 09-18-2007, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfingatwork View Post
N. Raleigh Guy i saw the 1.1 thing too and figured it meant one full, one half but did think it was a tad odd.

belize this is definitely a great place for feedback.

I noticed the dehumidifer because I have one myself and i'm proudly owned by 2 dogs myself but keep in mind while a few may have said the place smells great others may look at the pictures and think has little kitty peed/marked all over the carpet in this room (because you're place is spotless i know that never happened)? or look at the cute cat pictures but oh no i'm allergic that means the carpets will have to be ripped out. you want everything to appeal to a greater audience.

If you can find the chip great but don't spend more than a minute looking. thanks though.
I appreciate all of the feedback...so thank you!

Thankfully, the kitty has never gone anywhere but where she was supposed to. (she's probably saving that for my BRAND NEW house! ha ha)

We have taken down the pictures you see in the basement (and anywhere else her picture might be)...because we know not everyone is a fan of cats...or may be allergic...or superstitious...or you name it! But we've kept the dehumidifier there because of the dampness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate