Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2012, 08:35 PM

41,957 posts, read 75,192,887 times

Advertisements

House Hunters Drinking Game
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2012, 07:12 AM

1,846 posts, read 3,939,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
That is hilarious, Ohiogirl81!!

Really, even though I have criticized the show above for these things, I have to admit that I do watch it. If other people watch it too, then I guess in that sense, the show is a success.

For me one of the most fun aspects of watching HGTV is criticizing the houses and decorating. "Ewww, another red wall? Who WANTS those?" or "Ewww, why does that couple with no kids want a $600K house with enough bedrooms to house an army?" and that sort of thing. I guess it gives me the opportunity to be immature and snide.

Old 06-22-2012, 08:50 AM

41,957 posts, read 75,192,887 times
Oh, I watch it too. It's like a train wreck; you can't look away. The suspense of what stupid thing the home buyer will say next is too titillating.

Plus it gives me an excuse to drink wine.

Old 06-22-2012, 08:57 AM

737 posts, read 2,587,677 times
Quote:
Funny. Reminds me of the Rachel Ray Drinking Game, got old quick... depending on what your drinking.

The househunters annoy me when the wife enters every room and says exactly the same thing, like, "Oh, that's nice". So maybe somewhat scripted but normal people just don't say the same thing about every room they enter. And one that makes me want to vomit is the reference to "more room for entertaining", yuck. I watch it when it runs around 3am and it puts me right back to sleep.

Old 06-22-2012, 09:19 AM

3,720 posts, read 9,998,561 times
I like to watch it merely to see what type of housing is available at what prices around the country. I especially like HH international for that reason.

The drinking game sounds fun, but seriously, I'd be trashed after 1 show.

Old 06-25-2012, 12:12 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,159,147 times
House Hunters is fake: here's why it matters

Old 01-13-2013, 12:21 AM

2,883 posts, read 5,890,969 times
The people on this show sure seem paranoid.

-It seems like every other one is worried about the "neighbors being too close". Hello.......aren't the neighbors always close when you're buying a home?? How stupid.

I wonder if they pick people like this (or script it in) to add "drama" to the show. Otherwise, buying a home isn't very exciting (not really tv worthy). They probably choose the pickiest of people for the show. It seems like they never show anybody willing to settle for anything.

The whole thing seems extraordinarily scripted.

Old 01-13-2013, 12:58 AM

470 posts, read 1,073,764 times
Live from my bathtub, lots of bubbles and an adult beverage .... and I am laughing my azz off! Seriously, I have tears running down my face!

I watch this show religiously, and although there are aspects I do not like, I thought it was real!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trickymost View Post
...most (>80% of the time) "house #1" is the one they choose

...the sale of their current home is never a factor or discussion in the choice of their home
80+% of the time here they always choose number 2!

I did make comment to hubby that they always just say, "Let's go tell the realtor we want this one" and never mention selling their own home.

Now you guys and gals have me thinking. Do you think that maybe the appliance companies are Huge sponsors? I haven't seen very many of these where there are black or white kitchen appliances where the couple sighs and says sadly, "No stainless appliances." like, every person in the world wants stainless appliances?

Quote:
Oh, I watch it too. It's like a train wreck; you can't look away. The suspense of what stupid thing the home buyer will say next is too titillating.

Plus it gives me an excuse to drink wine.

Old 01-13-2013, 07:14 AM

17,573 posts, read 46,141,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John23 View Post

The whole thing seems extraordinarily scripted.
Because it is. Just read this thread.

Old 01-13-2013, 09:23 AM

2,091 posts, read 7,516,810 times
"Oh these appliances are SO dated" to appliances that are barely 5 years old.

"Oh I like this space" when did normal people start calling rooms, "spaces".

I could go on too, mostly I watch it to see the agents work, its funny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate