Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2014, 06:33 AM

1 posts, read 1,885 times

Advertisements

lemonegg...Completely agree with the "crappy" bathroom etiquette of buyers. It is still your home and it is gross for strangers to use your toilet. Just experienced the same issue yesterday; returned home after showing, walked down the hall and immediately smelled a very bad odor. So, not only did some jerk use the bathroom, they dropped a big stink bomb. For those posting smart ass comments, it is still my home and until you actually purchase my CLEAN fabulous home, don't use my bathroom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2014, 08:30 AM

8,547 posts, read 14,012,666 times
Wow! I was so glad when this discussion died in 2012 and now it's back. I can't wait to hear again from all the germo-phobes about how people shouldn't use their bathrooms. Then of course they'll get into arguments with people who are more understanding of other people's need to use the facilities.

Anyway, I said the other year, I don't have a problem with people using bathrooms in houses listed for sale. If it were my own house, I would still not care so long as they used the guest bathroom which is there for guests (which potential buyers are IMO) and not the master bathroom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuyersStink View Post
lemonegg...Completely agree with the "crappy" bathroom etiquette of buyers. It is still your home and it is gross for strangers to use your toilet. Just experienced the same issue yesterday; returned home after showing, walked down the hall and immediately smelled a very bad odor. So, not only did some jerk use the bathroom, they dropped a big stink bomb. For those posting smart ass comments, it is still my home and until you actually purchase my CLEAN fabulous home, don't use my bathroom.
Maybe you should keep some spray or some matches in there. I'm not trying to be rude, but it's going to happen whether you like it or not. So, you might as well make the best of it.

Old 01-26-2014, 10:33 AM

22,146 posts, read 33,503,954 times
Seriously it wouldn't bother me. It would if they didn't clean up left a floater and urine all over the place. If they had kids it's practically impossible to hold it because kids wait till the last minute to say I gotta go mom. One time I was showing one of the rentals to this couple with two kids.
Went something like this

Kid-Mom I gotta go.
Mom-Oh my your brother just went. Why didn't you go then?
Kid-I didn't have to go then I have to go now.
Mom looks frazzled. Dad and me laughing
Me- restroom to the right down the hall.

Flush, clean up and leave restroom as you found it. I don't want to have to flush your pee or excrement or mop up because you have crappy aim. THAT would make me mad.

When I sell I'm never living in it. But if you really want to stop the stink bombs hide the TP

Old 01-26-2014, 12:05 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,603,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonegg View Post
I close all the toilet lids before leaving the house. I came home and one of the seats was up.
I know this is an old thread, but for the record, I sometimes lift toilet lids when I'm viewing a house just to make sure that the toilet isn't all nasty and stained inside because that grosses me out. I'm pretty sure that I remember to close the lid after taking a peek inside, but I'm just saying that just because a lid or seat was up doesn't mean that the toilet was used. So chill out!

Old 01-28-2014, 01:44 PM

447 posts, read 1,044,006 times
I'd much rather they use my bathroom than the bushes outside.

Old 01-29-2014, 03:37 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,104,160 times
I agree it's disrespectful to use the bathroom and leave a mess, but as long as the person leaves it looking the way it was when they went in, I don't see what the big deal is.

Old 01-29-2014, 03:58 PM

2,288 posts, read 3,237,277 times
For those that are left stink bombs... I made all my family their own personal bottle of Poo Pourri. They were thrilled. I actually made them as a joke, but found out the women in my family are super shy about using the potty room at work. If you haven't watched the video for this product, its a funny must see. Just don't spend the bucks, and make your own. So make some and leave them for those stinky looky loos with a note on how to use it.

Old 01-29-2014, 08:38 PM

501 posts, read 1,049,934 times
Would you rather your potential buyer be uncomfortable in your home, and in a rush to leave to find a restroom?

I let my client's use the restrooms in homes, and I do myself at times. However, I always double back to make sure everything is neat and tidy, as it should be.

Old 12-29-2018, 10:52 PM

1 posts, read 855 times
The original writer/ poster is RIGHT!
If you are invited in to VIEW the house, view the House, do not use the bathroom.
If you want to test the bathroom toilet, flush it, but you should Not have to use it.
IT IS NOT OPEN TO THE PUBLIC for use, it is open to VIEW!

I just had an Open house and somebody used the bathroom to do #2. Child, who knows? Emergency, who knows? But the parent or/my agent should of checked and flushed the toilet again regardless of user was a child or situation was an emergency. I should not have to come home to brown toilet water in a toilet I had put bleach in & flushed before I left. ( I will fire/end contract with my agent for not checking my house was the way I left it for them, {clean}, before they left it for me to come home to.

Walmart, and several fast food stores near by, No need to use my bathroom.
If it was used and left the way I left it, (clean) I would not have a problem with it, I would not even know someone used it.
If you got to go you got to go! But if you got to go ...be respectful and clean your mess!

Old 12-29-2018, 11:06 PM

9,446 posts, read 6,573,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameshardin View Post
Would you rather your potential buyer be uncomfortable in your home, and in a rush to leave to find a restroom?

I let my client's use the restrooms in homes, and I do myself at times. However, I always double back to make sure everything is neat and tidy, as it should be.

No, I wouldn't want potential buyers or realtors using my bathroom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate