Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 01-01-2019, 11:19 AM
 
Location: Rochester, WA
14,498 posts, read 12,141,672 times
Reputation: 39085

Advertisements

Maybe we need a reminder...




https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgGlS4jgeys
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-01-2019, 11:27 AM
 
9,446 posts, read 6,584,523 times
Reputation: 18898
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
Oh! The horrors! Let me tell you all the places I have ever seen a poop!


I live on a farm where we deal with poop by the barrow-load, daily... maybe that has an affect on how much it shocks me.

As an RN I've seen (ETC) lots of poop too. Doesn't make it acceptable to expect the same in an open house.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-01-2019, 11:33 AM
 
Location: Rochester, WA
14,498 posts, read 12,141,672 times
Reputation: 39085
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harpaint View Post
As an RN I've seen (ETC) lots of poop too. Doesn't make it acceptable to expect the same in an open house.

Well then lets be adult about it and realize people may have needs. I probably would not expect to see it, but I know it will probably have to happen (behind closed doors of course!) anywhere people spend very much time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-01-2019, 11:35 AM
 
2,509 posts, read 2,500,010 times
Reputation: 4692
Maybe househunters should be mandated to wear adult diapers (and the kids too!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-01-2019, 12:25 PM
 
106,750 posts, read 108,937,910 times
Reputation: 80218
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinco Ranch View Post
When I was at showing once there was poop in the toilet
We had that in a hotel once . I thought it was instead of the chocolates on the pillow
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-01-2019, 01:46 PM
 
9,868 posts, read 7,712,237 times
Reputation: 22125
Crap happens, but sheesh, I know which foods are most likely to cause farting and diarrhea. Nothing life-threatening like a true allergy, but food intolerances. Sooooo, if I am going to be anywhere away from my own home, I avoid eating or drinking those things. It’s like not eating garlicky food before boarding a plane.

This is part of being considerate, like removing muddy shoes before walking through the house.

And I always made sure to use a bathroom (mine for sure, and then the RE brokerage’s if necessary) before starting to view homes. ALWAYS. This reduces the chance of needing to use one in a for-sale house. Come to think of it, I never did need to use a bathroom when looking at homes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-01-2019, 02:36 PM
 
9,446 posts, read 6,584,523 times
Reputation: 18898
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikabike View Post
Crap happens, but sheesh, I know which foods are most likely to cause farting and diarrhea. Nothing life-threatening like a true allergy, but food intolerances. Sooooo, if I am going to be anywhere away from my own home, I avoid eating or drinking those things. It’s like not eating garlicky food before boarding a plane.

This is part of being considerate, like removing muddy shoes before walking through the house.

And I always made sure to use a bathroom (mine for sure, and then the RE brokerage’s if necessary) before starting to view homes. ALWAYS. This reduces the chance of needing to use one in a for-sale house. Come to think of it, I never did need to use a bathroom when looking at homes.

Exactly!! Common sense and good manners IMO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-01-2019, 02:54 PM
 
196 posts, read 183,058 times
Reputation: 124
Some people can be very disrespectful, one day I was showing a home to my client and the first thing he immediately did was lock himself in the master bathroom for about 30 minutes. He had a very bad case of diarrhea and the toilet became clogged because of his incompetence. We had to leave the house in that condition and the worst thing was house was still being occupied by the seller. I had to lie to the listing agent when they asked if we were responsible for the “mess” of human feces just to protect my clients interests.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-01-2019, 03:42 PM
 
Location: Rochester, WA
14,498 posts, read 12,141,672 times
Reputation: 39085
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinco Ranch View Post
Some people can be very disrespectful, one day I was showing a home to my client and the first thing he immediately did was lock himself in the master bathroom for about 30 minutes. He had a very bad case of diarrhea and the toilet became clogged because of his incompetence. We had to leave the house in that condition and the worst thing was house was still being occupied by the seller. I had to lie to the listing agent when they asked if we were responsible for the “mess” of human feces just to protect my clients interests.

Why on earth would lying ever be something you "had" to do to protect your client's interests?

Do you really think you got away with something?

What you should have done was call the listing agent immediately, tell them what happened and ask for their help in getting it unclogged. Even if that might cost you.

If you read upthread, a clogged toilet actually happened to us once with a client at a showing... I called and let them know the toilet was clogged and needed a plunger but that we could not find one. We didn't leave a mess, and there was nothing but clean water visible in the bowl when we left. But it was clogged and would not flush right. The listing agent called the seller, who I think knew about their finicky toilet already, and who said they would take care of it. No problem. Honesty is the best policy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-01-2019, 04:53 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 12 days ago)
 
35,639 posts, read 17,994,810 times
Reputation: 50680
I can't imagine being outraged if a perspective home buyer used your bathroom, and left it clean.

Would you just want them to leave without finishing looking at the house?

I know this is a zombie thread, but really, it's hard to know what sets people off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top