Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2019, 08:35 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,176,191 times

Advertisements

I would never use someones bathroom. I have courtesy and go in their backyard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2019, 09:25 PM

9,891 posts, read 11,762,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turf3 View Post
With your experience, do you believe people like this actually make up any more than a tiny fringe fraction?
No they don't. Thar are the ones that complain the most when other homes sell, and theirs does not. The word gets around among Realtors, and their property rarely gets shown.

Old 01-26-2019, 07:58 AM

2,509 posts, read 2,496,198 times
What do the toilet-banners do when you have a contractor working in your home? Do you ban them from using the bathroom if they need to?

Old 01-26-2019, 02:30 PM

11,230 posts, read 9,318,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookspage View Post
What do the toilet-banners do when you have a contractor working in your home? Do you ban them from using the bathroom if they need to?
Yep, we had a thread about that too.

I think some of these precious delicate people need to change a few hundred diapers.

Old 01-26-2019, 03:26 PM

9,891 posts, read 11,762,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
Totally disagree.

It is still MY home. I put it on the market. I decide how to market it.

Some homes have the toilets wrapped so you can't use them.

Once you put in an offer and are in the due diligence phase, you get to test MY house. Until then, do your business elsewhere.
The most important time when of selling a home, is when a potential buyer looks at a home. They have to vision themselves living in that home. They have to inspect to find if the home fits their needs and desires. If they cannot look in closets to see how much room there would be for their things they will not buy that home. They are going to flush toilets, and run faucets into the sink. Simple little tests like that, to find if the home will meet their needs. If they cannot do this, they are not going to buy the home. There will never be an offer, if they do not check the home to how well it will fit their needs.

A seller that does not allow those checks to happen, will find the home is impossible to sell, or they will only get very low ball offers.

It is amazing that someone would go to a retail store, and compare several items to see which one feels the best to meet their needs. Will try on clothing, to see how it looks on them. Test drive a car, before they are ready to buy it. Still is under the impression, that when someone is going to consider buying their home wants to get the feel of the home, and consider how it fits them and their family, tells them no just walk through it and after we have a contract signed by both sides of the sale, and only then can they inspect their home.

Fact: The better Realtors will not even list the home. They are not going to the time and expense involved in the sale by the listing office, to play games. It will be listed by the hungry new Realtors that do not know any better.

Fact: The top 20% of all Realtors sell between 80% and 85% of all homes placed on the market. They will not play the games and take on listings that the sellers are not going to allow the property to be properly shown. They are not going to show the home to their clients, when the owner will not let them properly show a home to prospects that can and will buy a home.

Old 01-26-2019, 07:53 PM

8,543 posts, read 14,020,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtrader View Post
The most important time when of selling a home, is when a potential buyer looks at a home. They have to vision themselves living in that home. They have to inspect to find if the home fits their needs and desires.
Couldn't agree more. A potential buyer has to feel comfortable in the house. If they don't, they're not going to buy it.

Old 01-27-2019, 12:23 AM

1,078 posts, read 937,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
I would never use someones bathroom. I have courtesy and go in their backyard.
This was too funny.

Old 01-27-2019, 09:48 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,176,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmooky View Post
This was too funny.
It's really funny when all my clients and their kids join me. We do give the ladies their privacy.

Old 01-27-2019, 12:22 PM

15,143 posts, read 27,776,049 times
Thanks for my laugh for the day

Old 01-27-2019, 04:41 PM

11,230 posts, read 9,318,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
Totally disagree.

It is still MY home. I put it on the market. I decide how to market it.

Yes, and with an attitude like that it will remain your home for the foreseeable future. When you decide you actually WANT to sell the house, or realize that you REALLY NEED to sell the house, you'll change your tune, chop chop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate