Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2024, 08:44 PM

14,495 posts, read 12,134,812 times

Advertisements

I guess I’m on the side of tolerance… Over or under, I’m happy if the seat’s down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2024, 08:06 AM

388 posts, read 111,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markmy2637 View Post
I agree with the OP: using the bathroom in an open house or while viewing a house for sale is RUDE and DISRESPECTFUL. Hold it and go to the next public bathroom! And, if you have children, have them go to a public restroom before entering a house for sale.

Since you brought it up. someone with IBS doesn't actually have control over when they have to go, nor the ability to simply "hold it." I've gone days without having to go, and then, one day, in Home Depot getting supplies, the body informs you out of the blue that you have 30 seconds to find a toilet. No holding it. Even with good medication, it happens. Worse when you're driving and you start twitching and rocking side to side trying to hold it in while looking for a gas station or McDonalds and then trying to get across the parking lot without an issue and finding the bathroom already occupied...

Good on you for never having to deal with a poopocalypse like that, or a small child that won't go UNLESS THEY HAVE TO, so it doesn't matter if you force them in a bathroom first. When they have to go, they have to go.

Absolutely you are rude, self centered, and clueless.

Old 04-24-2024, 08:27 AM

4,542 posts, read 2,691,004 times
For crying out loud, it's a terlit. You're supposed to do your business in it, not drink out of it (Unless you're a dog - after all, on the internet no one can tell.)

For sure, if you make a bad smell, you ought to run the vent fan; if you leave "evidence" you ought to swish the brush.

Old 04-24-2024, 11:25 AM

15,580 posts, read 40,450,935 times
Quote:
I agree with the OP: using the bathroom in an open house or while viewing a house for sale is RUDE and DISRESPECTFUL. Hold it and go to the next public bathroom! And, if you have children, have them go to a public restroom before entering a house for sale.
I take it you've never been pregnant and had a baby kicking your bladder. There is no holding it. There is only praying you don't pee your pants until you can make it the 20 feet to a bathroom.

Old 04-24-2024, 11:29 AM

15,580 posts, read 40,450,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
This comment still stands today!:
For sure. You know some garden Azalea is gonna get "watered" by some child who can't hold it until mom and dad can google where the closet public toilet is.

I want to know who these people are with bladders of steel. I think I lost the genetic lottery on getting that bladder.

Old 04-24-2024, 12:04 PM

8,545 posts, read 14,037,293 times
I like to at open houses fold the end of the TP roll nicely. First, because it's a nice little detail that looks good. Second, because it allows me to see how many bathrooms got used during the open house and which ones. I scrutinize the toilets at occupied homes if there's evidence that they were used and make sure they appear clean before the homeowner returns.

The one thing I will say doing this little measure is that I've found the PRIMARY bathroom gets used at open houses a shocking amount of times. People that have the courtesy to ask if they can use the bathroom tend to use the half bath on the first floor. People who don't ask tend to use the primary or if there's one in the basement because they're typically more private.

Quote:
For cripes sake people . . . it's a toilet. Get over it. If your agent is doing their job it's not even going to be your house anymore in short order.

Quick question . . . when you buy a house if it's not new construction do you go around and replace all the toilets before you move in? I can guarantee you people you don't know have used them before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevergirl67 View Post
You mean 12 years ago. This thread was started in 2012.

This thread is like bad luggage . . . you just can't get rid of it!!

Old 04-24-2024, 02:21 PM

388 posts, read 111,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePRU View Post
This thread is like bad luggage . . . you just can't get rid of it!!
To be fair, they do say this on older threads here:

Old 04-24-2024, 04:17 PM

2,669 posts, read 1,190,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by H8PJs View Post
To be fair, they do say this on older threads here:
That's ok sometimes it just has to be said. Now have said it just sometimes has to be said I say Real Estate Agents can ask ahead of time if they need the bathroom use the one at the Real Estate Agents office when they meet.

Also as one poster pointed out IBS can't be helped so I would have a little compassion for them since I have that too. A little more Iron helps with the trotts.

Old 04-24-2024, 04:31 PM

1,212 posts, read 538,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by H8PJs View Post
Since you brought it up. someone with IBS doesn't actually have control over when they have to go, nor the ability to simply "hold it." I've gone days without having to go, and then, one day, in Home Depot getting supplies, the body informs you out of the blue that you have 30 seconds to find a toilet. No holding it. Even with good medication, it happens. Worse when you're driving and you start twitching and rocking side to side trying to hold it in while looking for a gas station or McDonalds and then trying to get across the parking lot without an issue and finding the bathroom already occupied...

Good on you for never having to deal with a poopocalypse like that, or a small child that won't go UNLESS THEY HAVE TO, so it doesn't matter if you force them in a bathroom first. When they have to go, they have to go.

Absolutely you are rude, self centered, and clueless.
I had IBS for a couple of years due to stress, and it was a nightmare. I was a sales person at the time. I had to take Imodium (which stops it but is really bad for you) to get through the day.

I would never even consider "going" in an open house - or anywhere else in public! it would be the height of rudeness. IBS can be controlled and probably much better drugs available today.

Old 04-25-2024, 05:28 AM

5,979 posts, read 7,387,456 times
My observations on this:

We once toured a home in a whirlwind day of looking at homes with our corporate realtor. The spouse has lower GI issues similar to the ones described by others in the thread. We were touring a house when she had a major release of a gaseous sort, shall we say, in the bathroom. We both rapidly exited the small space to avoid the stench. Our rather staid corporate realtor was right behind us, and as they entered the room they clearly recoiled from the odor.

The spouse, in an effort to make light of a somewhat embarrassing situation, looks at staid corporate realtor and says, “Well, I guess we have to buy this one now” as we both giggled.

We ended up buying the house.

Needless to say, this became a running joke whenever we are looking for a house…

RM
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate