U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 08:45 AM

2,310 posts, read 1,790,381 times

Advertisements

REALTOR.com: Find a Home - Listing Detail
This realtor didn't turn all the lights on it the house and the pics are not as nice as what the old realtor had. SHould I ask for new ones? DOesn't show exactly how nice the house is. (BTW, furniture and such has been moved in the basement for staging, so this is not updated) Also, check out the homes in realtor.com for this area (19465) and please give me your thoughts on price. (If possible!) THanks!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2007, 09:33 AM

2,124 posts, read 8,385,762 times
twin, when I clicked on your link, it brought me to a listing with no picture at all. Please check that this is your listing...

shelly

Old 10-01-2007, 09:58 AM

69,878 posts, read 17,232,214 times
Sorry,I didn't see any pictures.Let your realtor know

Old 10-01-2007, 10:39 AM

new link...odd
Not sure why it is not coming up at times and right now it is...
if this link doesn't work:
realtor.com
zip 19465
275-300K search criteria and we are MLS number:MLS ID# 5107217

Old 10-01-2007, 10:47 AM

8,885 posts, read 18,510,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinmma View Post
new link...odd
Not sure why it is not coming up at times and right now it is...
if this link doesn't work:
realtor.com
zip 19465
275-300K search criteria and we are MLS number:MLS ID# 5107217
When you take pictures, make sure to turn off the feature on your camera that labels each shot with a date stamp. Right away someone knows your house has been for sale at least since 6/29/2007. It's also very amateurish looking. If you can't get your camera to do that, get a new camera.

I'd take pictures on a sunny day too. The whole thing looks dreary, especially the downstairs family room. It does not say to me "Come check this place out!"

Oops, clicked on it again and a townhome came up instead of the split level with pool. Which one is yours?

Never mind, I think it's the townhome. Scratch my earlier comments.

Looking at the townhome pictures, I'd just recommend you have ALL the lights on when you take your shots, even during the day. Some of the bedroom, rec room and kitchen shots look too dark.

Old 10-01-2007, 10:51 AM

Twinmma, are you still living in the house? I thought perhaps you had moved. I am not in love with any of the inside photos. I like the outside of the home (even though I would have liked a sunnier, brighter shot) and was intrigued. Really don't like the inside shots.

First, yes, new pictures without the day/time stamp. I hate that. Clues the buyer into when you may have listed the home.

Second, it looks there are basement pictures with a drop ceiling? and there is stuff around for babies. I know you have twins, but the pics need to be taken without that stuff in the picture.

Third, the kitchen photo looks like a big picture of the side/back of the refrig and the only other thing I see is the highchair and stuff on the counters. Not inviting at all.

New photos are a must.

shelly

Old 10-01-2007, 10:57 AM

3,589 posts, read 3,583,729 times
Yeah, new photos are in order. The grounds are beautiful but the photos don't do the house any favors.

Old 10-01-2007, 12:53 PM

I did move-I am in an apartment in VA...We just left some things there to stage and b/c our apartment is not big enough to hold it all.
The basement is not a drop celing...not sure why it looks that way. Is there baby stuff? The only thing baby we have left there is one small bassinet in the basement-and it is not the babies...just a nice pc of woodwork someone made that we display.

If anyone is looking at the pics, make sure you use the MLS number I provided. For some reason the links keep changing and it is not my home being shown, lol!

Seems like we do need some new pics, though

Old 10-01-2007, 12:54 PM

MLS ID# 5107217 this is the mls number-don't use the link I provided

Old 10-01-2007, 01:14 PM

here is the link to twinmma's Townhouse!! REALTOR.com: Find a Home - Listing Detail

It is a nice townhouse!! that is a lot of room for a townhome. Amazing with the basement. i would like the pictures to have a little more light to them. Some feel a little dark. but your agent uses enhanced listings, and there are plenty of the pics. I think that is a tough market right now.

shelly
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate