Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Thread summary:

Sell my home: Washington, agent, traffic, on the market , realtor.

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 09:40 AM

11 posts, read 25,583 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have ideas around how I can get my house out there for people to see? I have an agent so we're listed. I have posted it on Expo.live and craig's list. I'm not getting much traffic to my house and it's been on the market since July. I believe we are priced well as other houses in my area are either the same size or smaller with less amenities and are going for much more. Any ideas on where else I can get my house out for people to see. We even have a 4% buyer bonus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2007, 09:43 AM

9,116 posts, read 17,725,526 times
could be a bunch of reasons why....

why not post the mls # for tips to see if people here can give you advice on your pics

Old 10-04-2007, 09:48 AM

Thanks sure I can do that. Last time I did that though someone told me it was advertising. Here is the MSL#27122350

I got some feedback but need more! Thanks for all your help!

Old 10-04-2007, 09:51 AM

566 posts, read 2,985,058 times
On the surface, it sounds like price. For whatever reason, the people buying in your neighborhood don't see the value in your particular house.

What has the feedback been from the agents who have shown your home? And, have you listened to what they have told you?

Old 10-04-2007, 09:53 AM

566 posts, read 2,985,058 times
Are you sure that is the correct MLS #? I'm getting a house in MI when I pull up that MLS #.

Old 10-04-2007, 10:03 AM

Thanks! Actually we've only seen a few come by and the only 2 reasons we've heard is it's facing the wrong direction so it's bad feng shui or that they don't like the neighborhood because it's a community. So those particular buyers just never came into the house. I had one person stop by but I believe she was an agent and was doing a preview. The MLS number I have showing is 27122350. I can post the link but I was told that I couldn't do that. If you go to Windermere Real Estate and type in 27122350 you should be able to find it. Renton, WA

Old 10-04-2007, 11:18 AM

1,408 posts, read 8,021,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizMurakami View Post
Thanks! Actually we've only seen a few come by and the only 2 reasons we've heard is it's facing the wrong direction so it's bad feng shui or that they don't like the neighborhood because it's a community. So those particular buyers just never came into the house. I had one person stop by but I believe she was an agent and was doing a preview. The MLS number I have showing is 27122350. I can post the link but I was told that I couldn't do that. If you go to Windermere Real Estate and type in 27122350 you should be able to find it. Renton, WA
I can't find your listing on realtor.com. I used your zip code and a price range of $400,000 to $500,000 and your home did not come up. Are you sure you're on your local mls that downloads to realtor.com? This would be the first place to start. talk to your realtor and find out if it really is on realtor.com.

I few comments (i'm sorry but i'm being honest): there's nothing special about your home on the outside. you do have very nice columns but i don't know even those (from the pictures) don't make me get excited about wanting to see the inside. It's very well kept but just a house.

Inside (this is my personal taste) I do not care for accent walls. the room with the fireplace (LR) looks cramped even though there's very little in it. your kitchen's nice (laminate's spelled wrong - i think). The room with the big couch in it and tv, it needs more (ya don't hear that too often), the bedroom the picture's just of your bed, it doesn't show me the room, the toilet picture - i get this is the bathroom with an accent wall but the picture makes me think the toilet is in the bedroom (i know it's not but that's the feeling i get from that photo). I would play up the big patio area you have with flower pots, outdoor furniture beside the patio set, etc. really turn it into an entertaining spot.

i hope this helps. good luck.

Old 10-04-2007, 11:25 AM

That is great advice! Thank you. I will play around with the pictures and the patio to see if that helps. I am glad to get this feedback and it's nice to get someone else's point of view.
How would you suggest making the front look more appearling? Actually I don't think that my house is on realtor.com. I will talk to my agent about it and get it on there. I did think about that accent wall and I wanted to paint it back. Do you think that's a good idea?

Old 10-04-2007, 11:29 AM

2,309 posts, read 2,314,460 times
Some suggestions about the interior: paint the red walls a neautral color. A lot of buyers will be turned off by the bold color. Other than that I think you have great curb appeal and a nice inside. Very clean looking.
As for getting the word out there...I had my realtor put mine on Craigslist (and you can do this yourself for free), and I have placed it on the boards of clubs I am in. (Like a mothers club) So if you are in any clubs or attend any meetings (like a divorced support group-just an example) then see if you can put a flyer on a board there. Also, advertise in your local paper on Sundays. When people are not with their agents this and the internet are the first place they will turn to to see where to drive around that day.
Another thing you can do is offer the buyers agent a bonus. Right now we are offering a bonus of $3000 to the agent who brings us an offer by the end of the month. This is on top of their 3% commission. It is incentive to get them to bring people through the door. And, it gives you a reason to call offices and tell them about your Must See property or to drop off flyers about your property. We offered a lower bonus last month and did get two showings right after we posted about it. THis month we increased the amount in hopes of getting some more people in before the holidays.
Finally, you can call your local paper (even the smaller papers that are put out) and see if they would be interested in doing a story on your house. THis is a long shot, BUT where I used to work (for a real estate agency) part of my job was to call papers and see if they would come and take photos of our home and it would be on the front page of the real estate section. Just an idea. I can't do this for my home on the market b/c our paper doesn't have a real estate section, lol!
Good luck. I think you are in the same boat as us in terms of having a very nice home but in a slow market.

Old 10-04-2007, 11:47 AM

Thanks for the great advice, we just added an extra 1% bonus ontop of the 3% and are hoping this helps push the realtors to find a buyer. Thanks for the great advice. I think I will be painting a few walls this weekend!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate