Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 08:22 AM

43,280 posts, read 77,092,464 times

Advertisements

Along with gathering all possible evidence, I would be talking to an attorney.
It is a civil issue between you and the HOA and possibly the neighbor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2012, 08:27 AM

4,566 posts, read 10,654,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Got a call back from Security. They said they hated to even address this, but that the complaint is now that we are parked too close to the road. I said fine, I will move it further from the road. They said the other part of that will be that it is not parked on pavement. I said - show me in the CCR's where there is mention of this at all. It is on my property.
Yep, keep telling security to show you the CCR/Bylaws proof. If it is not a legitimate claim, you may need to file a harassment claim against the security guard to show him your serious about being left alone.

Old 08-21-2012, 08:31 AM

4,566 posts, read 10,654,191 times
Quote:
I have called the Sheriff - they advise they can do nothing unless I have proof, and they also advise that I need to go thru/ our Security staff.
Proof? You found her on your deck, yourself. File a police report anyway. The sheriff doesn't want to deal with this and is brushing it off or maybe they know the person who wants your land.

If they refuse to file a report, inform him you will be hiring an attorney for a civil action against the county and will be contacting the state police, county attorney, And/or the state attorney to file a complaint on the sheriffs office for not investigating the complaint.

Old 08-21-2012, 08:36 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,230,433 times
Get geese, they are really territorial and will keep her off of your land or get or rent a security dog they are trained specifically to secure land and property and continue to gather all the evidence you can against this woman, get that camera installed, do the motion sensor lights and maybe sit on the porch in the dark a few nights with a camera so when you hear her up on your deck or steps you can switch on lights real quick and take her photo. Also, I would record every conversation with anyone regarding this issue, just be sure and tell the person you are talking with that you are recording the conversation so they are aware of the fact and that makes it legal.

Sad that you have to go through this just because some yutz can't mind their business.

Old 08-21-2012, 08:47 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,483,478 times
Well, the Security Chief called me and advised that, although he has no way of knowing what member called the General Manager and Corporate COO, that is who the complaint officially came from.

The gal went all the way to the top this time.

The GM is saying I cannot park my car on an unpaved surface.

They keep changing the goal posts.

I have not spoken directly with the GM, who is essentially unavailable anyway. He does not have an office here. He is an attorney, I believe.

This is not your typical HOA. We have a Property Owners Association which has no power except to put out a newsletter and have library book drives and beautification contests, lol.

I have never understood the governance of this club, since the ownership changed. The Board owns controlling stock and controlling properties.

Old 08-21-2012, 08:51 AM

652 posts, read 1,304,347 times
Quote:
the door lock had been jimmied and the house was standing wide open - the door was not even shut completely.
Obviously, your house had been broken in to and the Sheriff's Office still wouldn't do anything? I sympathize with you ... it stinks to not be able to enjoy your own home.

Old 08-21-2012, 08:55 AM

19,855 posts, read 65,818,191 times
Maybe tit for tat? Start calling in violations on her. She sounds like the kind of entitled person who will ignore rules on her priperty. Might get ugly but it is already ugly.

Old 08-21-2012, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Get geese, they are really territorial and will keep her off of your land or get or rent a security dog they are trained specifically to secure land and property and continue to gather all the evidence you can against this woman, get that camera installed, do the motion sensor lights and maybe sit on the porch in the dark a few nights with a camera so when you hear her up on your deck or steps you can switch on lights real quick and take her photo. Also, I would record every conversation with anyone regarding this issue, just be sure and tell the person you are talking with that you are recording the conversation so they are aware of the fact and that makes it legal.

Sad that you have to go through this just because some yutz can't mind their business.
Well, I have a chow but she is never off leash, either at this house or at our main residence (there is a leash law here and no animals can be left outside unattended at any time). She goes bananas when someone comes on the property.

However, the problem with that is . . . folks have started talking about classifying certain breeds as vicious and not allowed on the property. She is a sweet old girl of 10 and my baby. She stays with me every day (I work from home). If she got banned from this property, it would simply mean I would never come up here. I can't leave her with anyone - not only is that prohibitively expensive, I want her with me.

I sure can record conversations - no problem. Good idea.

Last edited by brokensky; 08-21-2012 at 09:25 AM.. Reason: add info

Old 08-21-2012, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
Maybe tit for tat? Start calling in violations on her. She sounds like the kind of entitled person who will ignore rules on her priperty. Might get ugly but it is already ugly.
I have no way of even knowing what she is doing or seeing her property.

Her house is sited so that her garage is closest to my house, with a row of leyland cypresses in between her property line and the various trees and indigenous rhododendron on my property. She is up a hill but the tree tops prevent me from seeing into her house. However, she can view down to ours from certain angles. The front of her house is back off the road and behind another house that completely blocks a view of her property (she had to buy a right of way across the other folks' property). The back is a cliff, as is the other side of her property. That is why she is so bugged. She has this McMansion on a teeny lot and the paeons down the hill have nearly an acre.

She installed a big sophisticated monitoring system for her property, starting at the gates to her driveway. The security guards told me if I so much as stepped on her property it would be hell to pay, as she will prosecute, lol. Crazy people always cover all the angles b/f they commit an infraction themselves. There are paths in the woods from her house to mine. That is how regularly she was making a trek from her garage (wh/ practically sits on my property line - but they got a variance!) over 15 years.

The only thing I could complain about is her yappy dog but to be honest, I rarely hear the ankle-biter.

Old 08-21-2012, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindy112 View Post
Obviously, your house had been broken in to and the Sheriff's Office still wouldn't do anything? I sympathize with you ... it stinks to not be able to enjoy your own home.
Yes, someone came in but nothing was taken or vandalized. This was not the first time, either. Over the years, the back door has been jimmied numerous times (before our son moved in) . . . this was the first time the front door had been vandalized.

We never could prove anything and nothing was ever taken.

The GM at that time said they would investigate b/c the first thought is always that someone on staff did it or that some overly entitled kids decided to use it as a party house. OF course, we were told that no one had any information about who was breaking into the door, and since nothing was ever taken . . . they acted like we were off our rockers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate