Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2012, 06:20 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,102,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrkAliteN View Post
Don't bring your ~Drama~ into my thread.

I asked for specific issues to be addressed and will ignore all other remarks such as yours
I think that is a logical, rational question. If you are as new to the area as you stated in your first post you may be trying to move a mountain, if you are going up against neighbors that have been there for years and this has become their "acceptable" norm. Especially since there doesn't seem to be a legal basis upon which to justify your complaints. Maybe some thicker landscaping, floral trees, a fence...something to disguise what you consider an eyesore i.e. the RV. As far as parking across from you, if it is a public street you maybe sol. I think if it were me...I'd put some interesting plants, or sculptures...something to divert the eye so that I could enjoy my property when I was out gardening or sitting and relaxing. The dogs you can keep calling the authorities on, there are ordinances against constant barking. Good luck on this.

Last edited by JanND; 08-30-2012 at 06:22 PM.. Reason: edit
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2012, 07:52 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,312,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
My drama?
I think we have (or you have) identified where the problem lies.

Amen.

Old 08-31-2012, 10:25 AM

11,642 posts, read 23,823,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrkAliteN View Post
The problem is this 1 neighbor is abusing the easement and using it for his own parking places for various things.

The easement should be for access in and out ... NOT personal storage space and parking places. It hinders emergency access and is just an all around eye sore to look at.
That is your opinion of what the easement should be used for. His opinion is that is can be used for those things. I don't really see why your opinion should override his opinion but if you really want to know what you can do you should consult with an attorney who specializes in land use issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate