Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2012, 02:55 PM

397 posts, read 613,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePRU View Post
This will be my last post directed at you as I have better things to do with my time and I'm already mad at myself that I've spent as much time as I have going back and forth with you . . .

I hate to tell you this but opinions can be wrong too. If I said "horizontal stripes look good on fat people." I would be WRONG. If I said "murdering 10 people sounds like a fun way to spend an afternoon." I would be WRONG. If I said "Ishtar was a great movie and deserved an Oscar." I would be WRONG. These are merely opinions (not mine) but opinions.

I'm not going to comb through your posts to find bad advice or factually incorrect information because I'm not going to continue arguing with you nor will I respond to your posts in the future. It's not a productive use of my time. I'm here to help people not to argue with people who only seek to disagree and cause discourse.

If you want to talk about high horses though, it sounds like my horse is a pony compared to yours. I can't believe how you have come on this forum and posted with such frequency your opinion and advice without a shred of qualification. Do you have years of experience transacting real estate? Do you have some sort of education background that might qualify you to issue such opinion or advice? I disagree with Mark all the time but at least he has a law degree and does a lot of real estate investing. Everyone's entitled to their opinion but a wise man knows when to keep it to themselves.

Then to accuse me of treating you differently because you're not an agent is ridiculous. I'm not the forum police here and I can only call out bad advice/incorrect information when I see it. I don't read every thread and I stick to what I know. If someone incorrectly quotes a Texas law, I'm not going to call them out because I don't know squat about Texas law.

Rant over. Have a great day.
If you are going to accuse me of frequently posting incorrect information you should be able to back up your statement, or at least give me an example that is on par with an “opinion” analogous to your murder example. Then again, you are the same person that states that I do not have a “shred of qualification” without even knowing anything about my background.

Just trying to impart some things that I have learned (the hard way) along the way. This forum is littered with buyers and sellers who are realizing that RE transactions aren’t so simple and that they cant always count on their agents/brokers to look out for their best interest.

By the way, I am hefty person and have always thought that horizontal stripes flattered my figure and I can’t believe that Ishtar didn’t at least get an Oscar nomination.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2012, 03:12 PM

397 posts, read 613,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontaskwhy View Post
We are all entitled to our opinions, even RE Skeptic, but an occasional reminder that some statements can be incorrect needs to be stated from time to time. We all have the right to our opinion and that is not in question.
The irony...

Seems like the last time we exchanged posts, I had to remind you of your incorrect statement arguing that your RE Commission drafted the RE agency/employment contracts in your state (see link below).

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE Skeptic View Post
-

Old 09-25-2012, 04:21 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,261,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by google9 View Post
and is my lawyer allowed to charging me extra fees to take to court ? because when we signed contract does not say anything about taking to court and we hired him with a flat fee $1000

Your attorney (and his fee) were hired for "ordinary and customary" duties. Litigation is NOT Ordinary/Customary - so yes, IMO, your lawyer is more than entitled to charge you extra to litigate.

Old 09-25-2012, 05:00 PM

3,398 posts, read 5,105,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by google9 View Post
thank you for all who have help with some answer/opinions..

My lawyer is really firm about using ONLY denial from Bank Of America, he already forward the denial to the seller but they refused to accept it. Because they said they gave us an extension mainly because we were going with another bank, but it is not written on the extension letter. Many times my lawyer emails the seller broker firmly stating that per our contract we are under no legal obligation to apply for mortgage with another bank however with our own diligent efforts we tried to apply for another bank, It's clearly written on the PS that Bank of America is the ONLY under the Mortgage contingency.
I'm not a lawyer so this isn't legal advice, just an opinion, but I would think the denial letter you have would be enough under the circumstances.

Old 09-25-2012, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Ahhhh... Yes, there is and it works just as well as you let it work. I highly recommend it!

Click "My Settings" on the left in the bar above the forum.
In the next screen, scroll down the buttons on the left, and click, "Edit Ignore List."
Input the CD username of the troll you want to Ignore, and "Okay" to add someone to Ignore List.

You will still be exposed when other posters quote one trick ponies, unfortunately, and the posts show up in the quote, but at least you have another step to perform to deter you from wasting time in answer to the trolling post.
Iv' thought about doing this, but don't the threads kind of not make sense when there's a bunch of the conversation missing?

Old 09-25-2012, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePRU View Post
This will be my last post directed at you as I have better things to do with my time and I'm already mad at myself that I've spent as much time as I have going back and forth with you . . .

I hate to tell you this but opinions can be wrong too. If I said "horizontal stripes look good on fat people." I would be WRONG. If I said "murdering 10 people sounds like a fun way to spend an afternoon." I would be WRONG. If I said "Ishtar was a great movie and deserved an Oscar." I would be WRONG. These are merely opinions (not mine) but opinions.

I'm not going to comb through your posts to find bad advice or factually incorrect information because I'm not going to continue arguing with you nor will I respond to your posts in the future. It's not a productive use of my time. I'm here to help people not to argue with people who only seek to disagree and cause discourse.

If you want to talk about high horses though, it sounds like my horse is a pony compared to yours. I can't believe how you have come on this forum and posted with such frequency your opinion and advice without a shred of qualification. Do you have years of experience transacting real estate? Do you have some sort of education background that might qualify you to issue such opinion or advice? I disagree with Mark all the time but at least he has a law degree and does a lot of real estate investing. Everyone's entitled to their opinion but a wise man knows when to keep it to themselves.

Then to accuse me of treating you differently because you're not an agent is ridiculous. I'm not the forum police here and I can only call out bad advice/incorrect information when I see it. I don't read every thread and I stick to what I know. If someone incorrectly quotes a Texas law, I'm not going to call them out because I don't know squat about Texas law.

Rant over. Have a great day.
I thought your head might explode.

Old 09-26-2012, 02:00 PM

675 posts, read 1,816,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RE Skeptic View Post
I hope the sales price was well into the multimillion dollar range to justify a 20k "deposit".
Not necessary, we offered the house for 285K and the seller wanted the deposit for 10K to prove that we're serious and potential buyer.

Old 09-26-2012, 02:11 PM

7,244 posts, read 21,811,238 times
In Texas, if there is a dispute with the earnest money, the seller cannot sell the house to someone else as there could be a cloudy title now. However, some get around it by going to another title company where they might not know there was a previous contract. For the most part, good sellers who have good intentions will just move on and release the money, as long as you didn't unnecessarily tie the house up for months on end.

Old 09-26-2012, 05:29 PM

6,480 posts, read 10,350,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconheadWest View Post
In Texas, if there is a dispute with the earnest money, the seller cannot sell the house to someone else as there could be a cloudy title now. However, some get around it by going to another title company where they might not know there was a previous contract. For the most part, good sellers who have good intentions will just move on and release the money, as long as you didn't unnecessarily tie the house up for months on end.
I find it hard to believe that even a different title company would not have determined that another title agency had started a title search and it failed to go to closing. If that is the case, the title company is incompetent.

"Run Forest, run" - from the movie Forest Gump

Old 09-26-2012, 06:19 PM

7,244 posts, read 21,811,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontaskwhy View Post
I find it hard to believe that even a different title company would not have determined that another title agency had started a title search and it failed to go to closing. If that is the case, the title company is incompetent.

"Run Forest, run" - from the movie Forest Gump
It's not about not seeing another title search. The one title company isn't going to call the other and ask if earnest money was released. Earnest money is not a requirement in Texas so it's not a call they need to make. They can assume everything has been released on the other side as they will be holding an executed contract.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate