Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2007, 05:16 PM

8 posts, read 26,390 times

Advertisements

The “Principal Broker” of the real estate company that I entered into an exclusive listing agreement with has agreed to release me from the agreement that I have with his company. He told me to write something up terminating the agreement and he will sign it – he does not want to force clients to do business with his firm. The problem is I do not know what I should say. I would greatly appreciate any help that any of you can provide on language to terminate the agreement.

BTW, the listing agent that I was working with changed companies two weeks ago and wanted to take my listing with him. Since he refused to aggressively market my property during the five months he had the listing, I said no way and orally told him that I want to terminate the agreement. Needless to say, he was not happy.

Thanks for any help that any of you can provide.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2007, 06:49 PM

9,116 posts, read 17,730,190 times
There's your first legitimate reason. Not aggressively marketing your house.

I am terrible at proper wording for stuff like that...(I just call the listing agent's boss and get him to send me the teriminating papers...

When you do look for another agent, please make sure you do your due dilligence finding a good one...it is very difficult.

Old 10-07-2007, 07:31 PM

2,124 posts, read 8,843,475 times
You don't have to state why. You can just write up, as of xxx date we wish to terminate our listing with your brokerage firm. It is our understanding with this written notice that this will take effect immediately. Please inform us when the listing has been withdrawn from MLS by sending us a copy of the withdrawal. thank you for your prompt attention to this matter....

over and out...

Shelly

Old 10-08-2007, 05:57 AM

2,249 posts, read 8,898,379 times
Write in there that it is an unconditional release and voiding the original contract.
There are different types of withdrawals in my area, I don't know if there are in yours. Better to be safe than sorry.

Old 10-08-2007, 01:39 PM

6,957 posts, read 22,313,597 times
IN CA there is a real estate form for releasing a listing. Modification of terms is the name of it. I'm blown away that the broker in your case is too lazy to provide you with a form for you to sign. It would be in his best interest to fill it out anyway.
Perhaps it's different in other parts of the country.

Old 10-10-2007, 01:35 PM

8 posts, read 26,390 times
Thank you all very much for responding to my post. This site is awesome!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate