U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2006, 07:15 PM

437 posts, read 2,114,544 times

Advertisements

My house hasn't sold yet. Yesterday a appraiser came by and took pictures of my house. I went out and said Hi, he said I am taking pictures of your house just because there are no Manufactured Homes up here any more with land like yours. That isn't true.

So, I was wondering if you know why he was really hear taking pictures? Could it be a buyer who asked him to do this?

Moderator cut: ...

Anyone else know the answer?

Thanks

Last edited by Marka; 09-29-2006 at 02:09 AM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2006, 09:59 PM

Okay, what happened? Its just a question. I am not trying to hire someone.

Old 09-28-2006, 10:32 PM

14,872 posts, read 39,034,838 times
Well, is it a common practice in your state for appraisals and inspections to be done before the contract? Every state is different when it comes to those issues and the funding issues. Like here in Texas the buyer usually does not "assume possession" until it has been funded. They can get it at closing if the seller agrees but for the most part they don't. I know on the last house we sold we were sticky on that. Until that loan is funded and I get the money from them that house is mine. I'm responsible for the insurance & utilities (or you can have the utilities switched over to another name if BOTH parties agree to the same date). Our buyers started being major pains in the posterior right off the bat. We just wanted to sell the house and everyone to come out happy. Not them, or rather, her. She was something else. Even the lady at the title company told me later that she was being a total witch the whole time they were there. She said that we were all in to get her. Okay..... We were flexible on closing dates and times and this buyer picked to close at 5:00 on a Friday afternoon. Okay, you get possession on Monday. Sorry, we have been trying to tell you that if you would just get out of your funky mood and LISTEN!!! Okay, you have heard enough . But that could be it. Call your realtor and ask. That is strange though. I sure as heck would not be paying someone 350 to go appraise something I was not going to write a contract on. But hey, maybe you got a buyer. YIPPIE!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-28-2006, 10:43 PM

3,823 posts, read 13,767,050 times
Default Moved

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bound for Texas View Post
Okay, what happened? Its just a question. I am not trying to hire someone.
Your post was moved as it was a general question and did not pertain to Texas....thus moved to Other Topics. This will also give you a larger audience to answer your question.

Good luck on selling your house.

Old 09-28-2006, 11:50 PM

8,191 posts, read 29,295,691 times
Are you sure it was not someone from the Tax Assessor's office? Where I live they go 'round every 5 years.

If you are in the MLS perhaps an out of state buyer asked for an independant opinion.

If you are on a lot of land maybe a developer wants to buy you out.

Old 09-29-2006, 01:52 AM

1,126 posts, read 3,649,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bound for Texas View Post
My house hasn't sold yet. Yesterday a appraiser came by and took pictures of my house. I went out and said Hi, he said I am taking pictures of your house just because there are no Manufactured Homes up here any more with land like yours. That isn't true.

So, I was wondering if you know why he was really hear taking pictures? Could it be a buyer who asked him to do this?

Moderator cut: ...

Anyone else know the answer?

Thanks
Maybe he was pulling comps for another house in the grassy knoll

Last edited by Marka; 09-29-2006 at 02:11 AM..

Old 09-29-2006, 09:46 AM

Well, is it a common practice in your state for appraisals and inspections to be done before the contract? No those are done while in Contract.

Tax Assessor's office? Yes, that is more what we believe. ):

If you are in the MLS perhaps an out of state buyer asked for an independant opinion.

If you are on a lot of land maybe a developer wants to buy you out.
Oh that would make us so happppppppy (:

I guess we will find out some time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate