Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2012, 12:20 PM

5,730 posts, read 10,122,424 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAT KRIS View Post
what is a cashiers cheque and where do you apply for one? Do you have to open a account to get one?

Not sure if you read I my other posts. I don't want to open a USA account. Was wondering if I can send a international wire from a bank from Europe.
You can do the wire transfer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2012, 12:26 PM

121 posts, read 301,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TarkaK9 View Post
You should be able to wire funds directly to the title/escrow company for closing who'll hold it in their trust account - the same should be true for earnest money. But that doesn't mean they still don't have obligations to report wire transfers etc.

Overall, that'd be the least of your worries and troubles. The practicality is that you will now have to deal with visa issues and tax consequences etc. Just because you own property here doesn't automatically mean you are able to stay - using the VWP only allows something like no more than 90 days in the US and you probably can't just keep reissue or renew one. Upon selling the condo, you'd be subject to cap gains, state tax and 10% withholdings etc for being a foreign national. If you want to create a biz and apply for something like the E-2 visa then you have to invest a min of 250k in the US.

Look into your situation very carefully.
this is above my head but i will read it a few more times. I have dual citizenship via a marriage ended in divorce but i got my citizenship and he got his citizenship in my country.

I just don't like banks in general in any country. you know what i mean. just fraud and fees. I think they steal so much for the hard earners and paint the pockets for the executives that run the banks. This way I put it in the vault and buy everything in cash. same with my car in america i forked over 100 bills at the Porsche dealership and now one complained but maybe the cars are different than the condos and homes .

Old 12-27-2012, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
Objective: Buy a house in the United States with cash
Consequences: Fed are going seize everything you try to buy with cash in The US and throw your A$$ in Jail
Euro= 1.32 dollars( i think)
Why don't you want to transfer you money to a US Bank?

What poster are you talking to? not me.

Old 12-27-2012, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Themanwithnoname View Post
You can do the wire transfer.
agree this is going to be the only way to pay from what i gather on here. I will call my bank tomorrow Europe is closed now .

I read how so many people buy homes and condos from other countries lot of them are oriental and middle eastern sure there is a way they do it with out legal issues.

Old 12-27-2012, 05:50 PM

9,820 posts, read 11,534,907 times
Quote:
What poster are you talking to? not me.
Yes i was talking to you O.P.!
You're on a message board asking how to buy a condo cash
Don't you know the IRS/Feds are probably reading this.
If want to know the answer,either call up a real estate agent or talk to your bank branch in Europe.
Almost every ideal mentioned in this thread is illegal,except for a wire transfer from your bank in Europe or a cashiers check from your Bank!

Old 12-27-2012, 07:36 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,702,516 times
I have done several transactions that involved international wire transfers. While the funds can move in a fraction of a second, the communication amongst all parties ( sending bank/ central bank/federal reserve/local reserve/recipient bank/title company) involved can become time consuming.

Specify upfront, within the contract, your intent to close via an international wire and prepare to prefund the transaction.

Be aware that many condo associations will reqwuire that you have a local banking relationship of some sort.

Since you are looking to buy a condo, how do you plan on paying your insurance, assessment, property taxes and utilities?

Old 12-27-2012, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
Yes i was talking to you O.P.!
You're on a message board asking how to buy a condo cash
Don't you know the IRS/Feds are probably reading this.
If want to know the answer,either call up a real estate agent or talk to your bank branch in Europe.
Almost every ideal mentioned in this thread is illegal,except for a wire transfer from your bank in Europe or a cashiers check from your Bank!
oohhhh okay because you mentioned florida and a house so i was not sure who you were addressing.

i don't care who is reading I am at a hotel

Old 12-27-2012, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I have done several transactions that involved international wire transfers. While the funds can move in a fraction of a second, the communication amongst all parties ( sending bank/ central bank/federal reserve/local reserve/recipient bank/title company) involved can become time consuming.

Specify upfront, within the contract, your intent to close via an international wire and prepare to prefund the transaction.

Be aware that many condo associations will reqwuire that you have a local banking relationship of some sort.

Since you are looking to buy a condo, how do you plan on paying your insurance, assessment, property taxes and utilities?

i would pay everything in cash/credit card . i don't know what a assesment is??

I rent a apt in the states and rent it out when I am not there . I always pay cash money order or credit card for all my utills i have a pre owned Porsche 911 i bought in cash and pay liberty mutual insurance for apt and car via credit card.

Old 12-28-2012, 09:06 AM

Condos assess all owners for their prorata share of operating expenses and if well managed, for a reserve to repiar, renovate and replace common elements. The assessment may or may not include some, not all utilities.

A special assessment typically occurs when the association's reserves are not adequate to cover the expense of a major repair, renovation or replacement. This is sadly rather common in associations that focus on cheap monthly assessments instead of putting money aside for the inevitable because everything wears out sooner or later.

It is imperative that you understand the status of unpaid assessments on any unit you consider buying and the overall financial state of the association, before you buy. Laws vary, state to state and you need to know if you are responsible for any prior unpaid assessments or special assessments.

Old 12-28-2012, 09:08 AM

Quote:
i would pay everything in cash/credit card . i don't know what a assesment is??

I rent a apt in the states and rent it out when I am not there . I always pay cash money order or credit card for all my utills i have a pre owned Porsche 911 i bought in cash and pay liberty mutual insurance for apt and car via credit card.
Just curious how do you pay your credit card bill?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate