Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2013, 02:31 PM

10,125 posts, read 13,984,588 times

Advertisements

So I am in the process of renting out a property that I own and the property manager that I am working with seems to be taking his time with doing everything and I believe that if he put a better effort, it would increase the chances of us receiving a tenant.

1. He came to take pictures of our place almost 3 weeks ago and it took me e-mailing him last week for him to finally put the pictures of the property online for potential tenants to see.
  2. When he took the pictures, he didn't turn the lights on in any of the rooms which made everything look darker and he didn't take a picture of any of our bathrooms or balcony, which we believe are huge selling points.
  3. He told me when I signed the contract that he would furnish a copy of all the documents that I filled out once he fills out his part. It's been almost 3 weeks for that as well and still no copies of documentation has been sent to me.
  4. He did not return my phone call that I made last week, in which I left a message.
At this point, I'm just feeling like he isn't trying very hard. I'm thinking about giving him another week to either do more or to at least brings some potential tenants to us, and then after that I am think about reporting him to the association of Property Managers. Does anyone have any other suggestions? Do you think this is the best route to go?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2013, 03:11 PM

34,090 posts, read 82,964,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgtvatitans View Post
So I am in the process of renting out a property that I own and the property manager
that I am working with seems to be taking his time with doing everything and I believe that...
At this point, I'm just feeling like he isn't trying very hard.
The only thing worse than being a reluctant accidental LL...
is getting hooked up with a clueless incompetent PM.

Quote:
Does anyone have any other suggestions?
Selling the property is your best long term option.
Especially if the space has not already been rented out.

Old 01-01-2013, 04:58 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,576 posts, read 81,167,557 times
If he has not fulfilled the requirements of the contract, then you should have the right to terminate it. I can't say without reading it, however. Unfortunately people with one building
often hire a manager with many bigger ones that get all of the attention, due to the potential for greater pay.

Old 01-01-2013, 07:01 PM

8,568 posts, read 18,108,085 times
Unfortunately, because he has a copy of your signature on the agreement, he can hold you to your end but you have no proof that you have any agreement. In writing, you should send him a list of your complaints with his lack of attending to the issues in a timely manner and tell him that you expect those deficiencies to be rectified within a certain time period or you will terminate your agreement. Or you could simply write (note that I say writing/in writing) that you are rescinding your agreement since he has not signed the contract and no moneys have been exchanged. (I am assuming you have not paid him for his lack of service.)

Old 01-01-2013, 07:22 PM

17,711 posts, read 29,817,888 times
Have a conversation with your friend "Guido". I am sure he can make an offer that cannot be refused.

Old 01-02-2013, 02:53 AM

4 posts, read 5,265 times
Smile Meet to Agent

Hello pgtvatitans,
I think Firstly you meet your property agent and tell all things and give him some time, then after all problem is same then you can try to find another good one Real Estate Agent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate