Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2014, 11:00 AM

1 posts, read 618 times

Advertisements

@Sterval - what ever happened with this? Did you get your money back?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2014, 01:59 PM

6,418 posts, read 11,561,638 times
I'm curious, too.

Our HOA has tried to dismiss their responsibility for pipes within the walls. But it's as plain as can be in our CCRs that we are responsible only for "the paint in" and the HOA is responsible for the rest.

Old 12-12-2014, 02:17 PM

26,636 posts, read 26,559,630 times
^^ Try the Real Estate forum.

Old 12-12-2014, 04:43 PM

822 posts, read 1,279,364 times
You need to take legal action. Before you go to small claims you can signal by having your lawyer or even yourself write a letter first. If they don't respond the way you want you need to go nuclear and take them to court with plenty of evidence. Get the media involved if you have to. Scorch them.

Old 12-12-2014, 06:00 PM

5,048 posts, read 9,572,700 times
Yeah, I'm curious too. No new posts on anything since this.

Old 12-12-2014, 08:14 PM

3,190 posts, read 3,171,047 times
HOAs are headache machines. I've had nothing but bad experiences with HOAs. When I first moved here I looked at a few condos because I wanted great city views and short drive times, but my past experiences and the unreasonable monthly fees made my decision for me. HOAs always have members that are like cartoon characters, treating every little rule like it's life or death and letting the "power" go to their heads, and they always try to get out of their responsibilities.

Old 12-15-2014, 12:16 PM

6,032 posts, read 9,181,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MordinSolus View Post
HOAs are headache machines. I've had nothing but bad experiences with HOAs. When I first moved here I looked at a few condos because I wanted great city views and short drive times, but my past experiences and the unreasonable monthly fees made my decision for me. HOAs always have members that are like cartoon characters, treating every little rule like it's life or death and letting the "power" go to their heads, and they always try to get out of their responsibilities.
Nice rant- you have to compare fee's to the services you are getting for those fee's. Some good and some bad.

Old 12-16-2014, 09:00 PM

15,633 posts, read 26,159,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterval View Post
Thank you. The CCR are pretty clear about all pipes that are not within the interior surfaces of walls, floors or ceiling being the association's responsibility. My concern is that I had to pay out of pocket to get this fixed quickly before the water damage worsen and now it's hard to get my money back. The management company contacted by phone says it was my responsibility, despite CCR being on my side. What would be my next steps to have a chance of getting my money back?
If that is the correct wording -- it means the pipe under your bathtub is your responsibility because it's within the wall and floor and her ceiling, and the HOA is responsible for exposed pipes, usually in the garage or common areas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate