Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2007, 11:43 PM

301 posts, read 1,546,979 times

Advertisements

A couple of weeks ago I started a thread adout or Agents company want to have a Auction Price Sale.Which ment you had to Have a price drop of 5%.We recived the letter form the broker saying our agent would contact us with details.Well that never happened and I noticed that time was running short so I called the agent.Well she has been very busy and forgot.We get invloved in the sale.Thinking this may work.Well friday rolls around hear nothing.The sale starts tomorrow.I get the Sat. morning paper sale a full page ad statingeverything about the sale and the houses are open from 1-4.But my house is not listed.Try to contact my agent.Nothing.Call the main off get a real nice person.Ask them if they know anything which they don't but will find out.Of course I'm PO'ed.My agent calls and says didn't you get my e-mail its going to be in the paper tomorrow and the open house is tomorrow also.Well in the past she has always contacted me several times confirming open house details by phone and e-mail.But lately she has been so busy.Also all the other homes in the area had special signs added to promote the sale.Mine none.And always before a open house there are open house signs up at least 24 hrs before about the open house.None.So the nise lady from the main office calls back telling me everything is OK she had just forgot and she didi send an e-mail.So my e-mail must not be working.Well If I qwwould have been in contact with my agent there would have not been a open house on Sunday because we had been planning on doing something that day.Saturday would have been the day we would have chosen given the chance.I'm still PO'ed we have the house standing tall as always(never have had a bad thing said about our home)Made sure to be gone by the time agent shows up.Return homme a little early had one guest lock at house.But its to pricey agent said.But she had quite the attiude.And stated that I have a problem with my e-mail which I don't and how so busy she has been with family stuff lately. Well I never have at ant time gotten out of line or fussed at her during the time my house has been on the market.And I do believe in family time.But I have noticed in the last 2 months her lack of anything from her.Yes yes I know the current state of things.And I have never once not followed any imput my agent has suggested.I have even dropped my price when he said no.I'm priced below everything in my range,or what ever you call it.My isssue is.I was in a very bad MVA in June 06,then in Feb 07 had a stroke.So I haven't worked in over a year and won't be able to return.Thank God for go insurance and LTD insurance.But I need to down size .I have owned myhome for almost ten years and have kept it updated.Just very disapointed with the whole deal.If it was easy as just saying forget and staying put I would. But the place is to big for me to handle.Thanks for the rant sorry so long.I will proably talk with broker Monday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2007, 05:27 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,561,054 times
Sounds like you may need a new agent. I know how frustrated you are.

I don't know what state you are in, but here they put an open house on the MLS, you can usually track it online. Are you signed up at your agents site as well as other sites with your house price / specs as your search terms? This will give you an email when the agent does something, price drops, open houses.

Old 10-22-2007, 06:01 AM

9,116 posts, read 17,728,403 times
Before I understood this process and started getting involved w/bloggers in real estate, I made the same mistake of not doing my due dilligence and choosing the right realtor to work for me. Hey, it happens. Stay Positive. All you can do is go forward from here and keep on them if they are not going to provide you the service you deserve. If they don't improve, ask to get out of your contract and find the realtor who you should've gone w/originally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate