Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 10:29 AM

8,568 posts, read 18,108,085 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinaN View Post
I have dogs and get it. Do yours bark late at night or early in the morning? If not, I'm not sure why your neighbors even care if they are left outside. I also have one that sometimes doesn't come in at night, but she doesn't bark often and if she does, I make her come in.

Good luck with the situation, it will be better if you try to work it out than if there is a huge issue between you and your wall-mate.
Some of us animal lovers take exception to dogs being left out all the time, doghouse or no. If you're not going to let them inside, then they aren't pets, just caged animals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETex2 View Post
" we try to bring the dogs in.... I could swear I cleaned up last week... . He does have a set of subwoofers and they are a little loud, but not THAT loud."

These statements tell me who the bad neighbors really are. No one should have to go and talk to their neighbors if those neighbors are doing something wrong. You never know when you might meet up with a nutcase who will go ballistic on them.

Bottom line - try to be a better neighbor and do what is right by them....AND your dogs.
I'm with ET, cleaned up last week? Good grief, you have debris, probably dog pooh which smells, and you only maybe cleaned it up last week? I'd be complaining about you, too.

What, pray tell, is a popo? Is that some kind of small dog poo poo?

I have no idea what a woofer is, other than a barking dog, but you, OP, are the one I would not want to live near, nevermind next to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2013, 05:40 PM

8,063 posts, read 12,774,958 times
Subwoofers and music? The neighbors can probably hear the thumping of the bass through the walls. Many people don't realize what kind of noise they are producing with their home entertainment systems because they are not on the other side of the walls.

Living in a zero lot line property means you SHARE a wall and everything else. It sounds like the units do not have very good sound insulation. The neighbors can probably hear all your noise in their unit.

My guess is they bought the wrong type of home for their lifestyle. They expect peace and quiet in a communal living situation.

Old 02-16-2013, 04:40 PM

752 posts, read 2,086,393 times
I spoke with the development's builder not too long ago. He says the units have firewalls, no shared walls, it is two pieces of whatever materiel is used nowadays, there is an inch space b/w the two walls that divvy us up. I commended him on the foresight and good planning demonstrated and asked if the twosome on the other side is just trying to stir up trouble. He is in tandem. I said it is too bad most apartment dwellings are not built nowadays with that level of planning in mind. But hubby has turned the subwoofers down and all seems to be peaceful now.

Old 02-17-2013, 06:34 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,008,695 times
I don't want to live next door to you.

Old 02-17-2013, 06:40 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,429,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoky_topaz View Post
...hubby has turned the subwoofers down and all seems to be peaceful now.

What are you doing about your dogs being outside 24/7? Are you at least bringing them in at night?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate