Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 01:04 PM

1,189 posts, read 1,754,907 times

Advertisements

As a buyer, I don't even look at listings without photos. And I have seen some that have been on the market for a year and there are still no photos up on the MLS. Very telling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2013, 04:30 PM

198 posts, read 462,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV8n View Post
As a prospective buyer, I'd be suspicious if a listing had no photos at all. Is there something to hide? Maybe not, but I'm moving on to the next listing.

Digital cameras can be bought cheap and take decent photos. They don't need to look stunning, since I'm probably looking at them on my phone or tablet anyway.

But please no photos of empty corners. I'm no architect, but I assume that two walls and a floor converge in pretty much the same fashion regardless of the house. It amazes me how many listings are full of this type of picture.

We are currently looking at homes in Florida and we live in VT. I must see photos of the exterior as well as the interior because when I am going to spend money to fly down and see these homes, I do not want to waste anyone's time looking at a home that only had one pic and turns out to be a wreck.
I agree with AV8n about the pics of the corners of a room, I mean really? Oh and don't get me started on the toilet shots with the lid up. I know what the inside of a toilet looks like.
No, they do not have to be professional shots but in focus would be nice and appropriate for what the agent is trying to showcase and sell.
If there are no photos or just one or two, I move on. There are plenty out there that have good pics and those are the ones that I will be seeing.

Old 02-22-2013, 11:33 AM

2,668 posts, read 4,480,564 times
House went on the market a week ago that peeked our interested. One photo of the outside, we drove by to get a sense of the yard/area. Called our agent to setup a showing. This was two days in advance and the sellers declined.

Note to sellers, if you want to sell your home, make it available. How am I supposed to keep my interest peeked with one picture and declined showings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate