Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 02:46 PM

756 posts, read 2,003,203 times

Advertisements

Why is it time to lower your asking price? our home has been on the market 55 days with no offers.We had 2 showings but nothing came out of it.We had not had a open house I do not know if that would help are not.I asked my realtor she said it is not time that we are not asking to much but we have to be out of here by jan. 2008 and that is pushing it.I am stressing out!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2007, 02:50 PM

2,124 posts, read 8,853,825 times
Well, yes, I would think it is time... Has your agent prepared an updated CMA for you? what has sold recently? what is on the market at what price? You need to be the best priced in the area, and have your home in pristine condition. Ask her to do that for you and take a look at it.

Shelly

Old 10-22-2007, 03:12 PM

756 posts, read 2,003,203 times
Thanks,I have told if we need to lower the price ok. she keeps holding off.
The market in our area to soft,homes are being reduced are sitting on the market forever.
we are asking about 10grand. more then the house in the area because we have the biggest lot and a huge shop.but no offers!!
I can say nothing seems to be selling in our price range.

We do not want to lose money,but we have to go
to be honest my realtor does not say much of anything!(thats the way the market is sometimes)her words not mine

Old 10-22-2007, 03:15 PM

2,124 posts, read 8,853,825 times
people aren't going to pay 10k more foe a bigger lot and huge shop. Just the facts... I tell my sellers, when we aren't even getting folks coming to look, the market has spoken... we are over priced. Just something to think about.

Shelly

Old 10-22-2007, 03:35 PM

2,309 posts, read 2,326,888 times
Lowering is not always the answer. It may be that there are a lack of buyers in your area or they can't find the money.
BUT, I would get lower than the comps in your area. If you are $10K over them (even if they are a bit smaller) then I would lower by 11K. Just my opinion as someone trying to sell their home. We have lowered ours $35K and still nothing. But, we are not getting showings either. We are not lowering anymore. My agent said the other day usually agents are begging their clients to lower the price but she doesn't think price is the problem in our case-just lack of buyers in our small town.
If I were you I would speak to some other local agents and get their feedback. And, if you feel you are not getting the service you need, or if she is just not doing her job, then try and get out of your contract. We did and it was the best move we made

Old 10-22-2007, 04:36 PM

2,210 posts, read 7,035,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbliss View Post
Thanks,I have told if we need to lower the price ok. she keeps holding off.
To be honest I find it kind of bizarre that the seller is willing to be aggressive with the price and the realtor is holding off. As long as your home is unsold, she won't get a commission check and presumably the listing is costing her money in marketing.

I agree with Shelly -get her to show you recent comps for the area, get detailed information on area activity and make your own decision, or at least make her justify her reasoning.

Old 10-22-2007, 04:57 PM

238 posts, read 763,941 times
If I had to move in January, I'd be worrying too. It usually takes about thirty days to close, and I suspect few people are going to be looking at houses in Dec.

Old 10-22-2007, 05:17 PM

8,189 posts, read 31,269,546 times
As for open houses, I will tell you that there were 2 here on my street yesterday. Realtors were in place 30 minutes ahead of time. Only one person showed up. Signs up all over the area 4 days ahead of time. Ads in the paper. Balloons & streamers. Both houses are priced just about $100K more than what working folks can get financed for.

Old 10-22-2007, 06:47 PM

9,116 posts, read 17,751,745 times
Selling by January of '08? You are up the creek no doubt. Forget about open houses, they are a waste of time.

Do you honestly think a miracle is going to happen? If so, continue doing what your doing. If you truly want to sell, you'll get serious about pricing it to move. Most likely anywhere from 10-20% haircut in your price.

If you do nothing but procrastinate, two mortgages or a short sell is in your future.

Old 10-22-2007, 06:55 PM

10,996 posts, read 22,033,873 times
If you have to ask it's past time!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate