U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2013, 04:34 PM

2,091 posts, read 7,030,055 times

Advertisements

If you're in an area where being bilingual is a good idea then yes its a plus.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2013, 09:43 PM

1 posts, read 979 times
If you sign and agreement with a real estate broker, can you also work with a leasing agent when looking for an apartment in IL

Old 10-27-2017, 06:14 PM

97 posts, read 339,873 times
Exclamation They better be licensed no matter what they call themselves

They can call themselves whatever they want but they better have a real estate license if they are helping someone with real estate in exchange for a fee, commission or other valuable consideration, at least that is what the licensing law says otherwise they are practicing real estate without a license. Yeah it's kind of a big deal.

Old 01-16-2019, 10:00 PM

1 posts, read 252 times
I am a leasing agent, recently told by my management company that i have to have a real estate license to continue to work there as their leasing agent. Is this true in Michigan? My management company has a licensed Broker and my manager I work with has her real estate license. I have completed the 40 hour course, paid all the dues and have attempted the exam more times than i should have at my expense! I am finding that the exam has NOTHING to do with my job and am confused on why I have to have a license to lease apartments and get prospects???

Old 01-17-2019, 03:34 PM

7,993 posts, read 10,398,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Middle aged office chick View Post
I am a leasing agent, recently told by my management company that i have to have a real estate license to continue to work there as their leasing agent. Is this true in Michigan? My management company has a licensed Broker and my manager I work with has her real estate license. I have completed the 40 hour course, paid all the dues and have attempted the exam more times than i should have at my expense! I am finding that the exam has NOTHING to do with my job and am confused on why I have to have a license to lease apartments and get prospects???
I copied the below directly from the state web site. If the management company is managing or leasing property owned by others, you need a license.

"A real estate salesperson is defined as an individual who for compensation or valuable consideration is employed either directly or indirectly by a licensed real estate broker to sell or offer to sell, to buy or offer to buy, to provide or offer to provide market analyses, to list or offer or attempt to list, or to negotiate the purchase or sale or exchange or mortgage of real estate, or to negotiate for the construction of a building on real estate, or to lease or offer to lease, rent or offer for rent real estate, who is employed by a real estate broker to engage in property management, or who sells or offers for sale, buys or offers to buy, leases or offers to lease, or negotiates the purchase or sale or exchange of a business, business opportunity, or the goodwill of an existing business for others, as a whole or partial vocation.

Property management is defined as the leasing or renting, or the offering to lease or rent, of real property of others for a fee, commission, compensation, or other valuable consideration pursuant to a property management employment contract."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate