Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2013, 12:47 PM

683 posts, read 464,254 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post
I have a website for my house. Utility bills are right there. Excel Energy Costs 3968 Vrain Street, Denver, CO
Best of luck with the home.

How did you do a website? We're going to be putting ours on the market within the next few months and I'd prefer to try and do it myself first..........(where we are, all we really need is the Real Estate Attorney to handle the closing).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2013, 12:57 PM

1,914 posts, read 7,147,153 times
Quote:
I have a website for my house. Utility bills are right there. Excel Energy Costs 3968 Vrain Street, Denver, CO
Dave,
I love your house! I wish you were in my area. I'd snap that up!!

Old 03-19-2013, 01:28 PM

17,705 posts, read 29,796,003 times
Default I am an expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTR36 View Post
I love your house! I wish you were in my area. I'd snap that up!!
Did you miss the NOT FOR SALE in red on the main menu?
We bought this house in July 2011 and plan on selling sometime after 2035.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzsaz View Post
How did you do a website?
I build websites (mostly for small high-tech companies) for a living (MarketingTactics - website design, SEO and PPC in Denver, CO)
This website was built using:
Hardware: iMac
Software: Coda (I used to use Dreamweaver), Pixelmator, Photoshop, PDFpen Pro, Illustrator, Numbers
Techniques: Server Side Includes, CSS, jQuery (for the slide show and the Case-Shiller charts)
Services: hosting on my own VPS from EStreet.com

Last edited by davebarnes; 03-19-2013 at 02:31 PM..

Old 03-19-2013, 02:18 PM

4,009 posts, read 6,861,227 times
Dave- I agree, I love your house as well! I'm usually not a fan of newer homes, but you've staged / decorated yours exceptionally (I realize you're not selling). Absolutely beautiful home- and I think I'm going to copy some of your back patio ideas! If you don't mind me asking, where did you get the patio chairs from?

Old 03-19-2013, 02:30 PM

17,705 posts, read 29,796,003 times
Default Room and Board

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamatomic View Post
where did you get the patio chairs from?
Modern Furniture - Room & Board

The patio furniture - http://www.roomandboard.com/rnb/subc...UT&nav=topmenu
The umbrella - http://www.roomandboard.com/rnb/prod...y=out_umbrella
The dining table - Rand Tables in Stainless Steel - Tables - Dining - Room & Board
The dining chairs - Eames® Molded Plastic Chairs with Wire Base - Chairs - Dining - Room & Board
The counter stools - Radius Stools in Leather - Stools - Dining - Room & Board
The sofa - Jackson Leather Sofas - Sofas - Living - Room & Board (ours is fabric)
the chairs - Zinc Chair - Chairs - Living - Room & Board
the rug - not sold anymore by Room & Board, made by Obeetee.com

Last edited by davebarnes; 03-19-2013 at 02:43 PM..

Old 03-19-2013, 03:45 PM

5,075 posts, read 11,067,856 times
Quote:
Really nice. That style has really been popular in Seattle over the last 2-3 years as well.

Looking at your energy use, the benefits of newer construction are really apparent. I'm in a different area, but spending roughly 3 times that on utilities for a similar sq footage.

Old 03-19-2013, 07:11 PM

710 posts, read 1,960,733 times
And we got an offer today. Still have a showing tomorrow. It was a bit of a lowball offer, but my agent said the other agent is known for that and we could talk about the counter tomorrow.

Old 03-20-2013, 06:00 AM

2,668 posts, read 4,493,841 times
The market is up in my area, my agent has been very busy. However I think it also depends on the price point you are looking in. We are in the $305-415k range and it seems very stagnant. There has only been a couple new listings over the past month and none come close to our criteria. So it may be picking up, but not in terms of homes we would consider buying...sigh

Old 03-20-2013, 07:58 AM

3,720 posts, read 9,994,639 times
I'm in CA and it's booming. Typical new listing..."no showings until open house on Saturday. Offers will be reviewed Tuesday".

My buyers can only hope there aren't any cash buyers competing and that the house only goes for a reasonable amount over asking.

Old 03-20-2013, 07:32 PM

5,128 posts, read 9,837,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinaN View Post
I'm in CA and it's booming. Typical new listing..."no showings until open house on Saturday. Offers will be reviewed Tuesday".

My buyers can only hope there aren't any cash buyers competing and that the house only goes for a reasonable amount over asking.
I saw that a posting of that house! Very nice
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate