Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2013, 01:12 PM

89 posts, read 200,458 times

Advertisements

I have posted before about the issues I am having with my selling agent. So now I am to the point I am really considering switching, if I can.

When the house was listed, I was out of town. We had met multiple times with the agent and did all the recommendations they stated. However,when we finally wanted to sign, I had to go out of town. I specifically told my husband to not sign a long contract and find out ways we could end it. I have had trouble before with every agent I picked, so I thought it best to make sure we were able to change. Well, long story short, he did not even pay attention to how long the contract is for.

Now, I am sitting here. I have had 2 showings in the month. Please don't suggest price reduction because we are well below comps. The price was set after talking to multiple agents and following their guidelines. The issue to me is that no one can see what our house is like because the listing has 4 pictures, all of the back of the house.

My question now is, since I didn't sign anything, would it be easier to change realtors? I was gone. My husband has no clue about what he signed. The only marketing I can see is that it is listed on the mls without any pictures that would make me even consider looking at the house. (Lack of interior pictures make me feel like someone is hiding something). Yes, I have communicated. Nothing has changed.

Am I just stuck now? I know the recommendation was to talk to the broker...yeah, well that person seems to be married to my agent. So that has not gotten me far either. I really thought I had interviewed and asked great questions. I guess I am not good at selecting realtors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2013, 01:17 PM

1,736 posts, read 2,892,860 times
What was the response from the agent as to why there were no interior photos?

Old 04-13-2013, 01:39 PM

They took some, they asked for some we took. So I have emailed them pictures. Confirmed they got the pictures. They just have not put them up (3 weeks now). They stated they did not like to put too many pictures up. I said that is fine, but I want some interior pictures. Nothing.

Why take pictures, ask for pictures, then not put them up?

She did send me an email saying she was having a special sign made that highlights the front and the square footage. Umm, the front of my house is not even pictured on the MLS. I don't get it, nor have I seen or heard again about this special sign.

I hate the realtors up here. I have had nothing but trouble with all of them. At this point I don't even want to try and find another realtor. I pretty much have scratched all the agencies in my area. I have no real desire to sell it myself, however I don't think anyone is going to do the job for me. If my house sells they are looking at making $20K. (splitting or whatever).

Old 04-13-2013, 01:48 PM

1,736 posts, read 2,892,860 times
how long is your listing contract with them for?

Old 04-13-2013, 02:51 PM

I have no clue how long the contract was for. I did not sign it, my husband did. I told him no more than 3 months, but he didn't even pay attention and does not know how long we are in it.

I rented a storage facility to clear out items, so I am not wanting to take it off the market because then I either have to move everything again or pay monthly until I can list the home again. However, having a house that is not marketed to sell on the market seems pointless and just makes my house look bad.

it has been listed for a month, 2 showings. I will NEVER list with an agent again!

Old 04-13-2013, 04:42 PM

6,478 posts, read 10,347,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theteardrop View Post
I have no clue how long the contract was for. I did not sign it, my husband did. I told him no more than 3 months, but he didn't even pay attention and does not know how long we are in it.
I don't know a Realtor who would list a home less than 6 months in a listing agreement, but I suppose anything is negotiable.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Old 04-13-2013, 05:11 PM

First I want to say I really don't dislike real estate agents. I find them important and necessary. That being said, the ones in my area are completely useless. I just don't think it is worth using them in my area.

So now my next question: Can I simply take my home off the market and wait to put it back once the contract expires?

Old 04-13-2013, 05:27 PM

15,577 posts, read 40,434,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theteardrop View Post
First I want to say I really don't dislike real estate agents. I find them important and necessary. That being said, the ones in my area are completely useless. I just don't think it is worth using them in my area.

So now my next question: Can I simply take my home off the market and wait to put it back once the contract expires?
In my area you can withdraw your listing from the MLS. This in essence makes it so no one knows about it. Typically it is used for holidays and such when you don't want your house shown, but I have seen folks withdraw their listing from the MLS and then let it expire.

Where are you in Alaska?

Old 04-13-2013, 05:38 PM

3,032 posts, read 5,264,761 times
Cant you sue for failure to perform? Im sure you have a way out if your agent isn't living up to an agreement. Showing the back of your home is such a joke. Call the real estate board and lodge a complaint. Even if you are not in the legal right...Im sure your agent (so called) isn't going to want to deal with this from the state board. Seriously...DO THIS!!!

Old 04-13-2013, 05:58 PM

15,577 posts, read 40,434,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
Cant you sue for failure to perform? Im sure you have a way out if your agent isn't living up to an agreement. Showing the back of your home is such a joke. Call the real estate board and lodge a complaint. Even if you are not in the legal right...Im sure your agent (so called) isn't going to want to deal with this from the state board. Seriously...DO THIS!!!
That isn't how it works. At least in my state, you have to write on the complaint which law the agent has broken. Most complaints are dismissed so it isn't an issue for agents to "deal with" because craptastic marketing isn't against the law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate