Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 09:39 AM

2,309 posts, read 2,314,460 times

Advertisements

They have 8 months left on the lease!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2007, 09:44 AM

3,589 posts, read 4,147,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinmma View Post
They have 8 months left on the lease!!!
So? Someone who leases might already have a sublet lined up, or they may have the cash in hand to just keep paying the rent while paying a mortgage.

Having just sold a house this year, I do know what you're going through...but you really shouldn't let this drive you crazy. You don't really have any control over this process aside from how you price your home and how you present it.

I had some real timewasters view my property too, including people who had not put their houses on the market, and I even had one fellow who was hoping to move to the UK and just wanted to see what the inside of an English house looked like. That's just part of selling a house. Chillax!

Old 10-30-2007, 10:46 AM

582 posts, read 2,009,355 times
I closed on my home in 5 weeks and closed on the purchase of my new home in 3 weeks. Twin, if I remember correctly, is already dealing with her husband commuting because they haven't sold yet... I'm sure she doesn't want to wait 3-4 months to move, let alone 8. If the other people do have someone to sublease then maybe they could do it, but they haven't started the loan process yet anyway so they might not even get approved for it. When we looked we had already gotten pre-approval for way more than the price range we were comfortable buying in, we didn't want to waste anybody's time because we understood how frustrating getting ready for a showing could be.

Old 10-30-2007, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeDallasite View Post
So? Someone who leases might already have a sublet lined up, or they may have the cash in hand to just keep paying the rent while paying a mortgage.

Having just sold a house this year, I do know what you're going through...but you really shouldn't let this drive you crazy. You don't really have any control over this process aside from how you price your home and how you present it.

I had some real timewasters view my property too, including people who had not put their houses on the market, and I even had one fellow who was hoping to move to the UK and just wanted to see what the inside of an English house looked like. That's just part of selling a house. Chillax!
No, they actually said they like the property but are not doing anything until their lease is up. So, it really was a waste of their time and mine. Irresponsible realtor shouldn't even take them on until they are serious. As for the "chillax" that is easier said than done. I often am "chilled" about it but when crap like this happens, I get irritated. Attend on eof our many open houses, don't schedule an appt. We are looking here in our new locaton but we only go to open houses as not to waste anyones time and the very first thing we say is that we are trying to sell our home and are just getting an idea of what the market is.

Old 10-30-2007, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraSatin View Post
I closed on my home in 5 weeks and closed on the purchase of my new home in 3 weeks. Twin, if I remember correctly, is already dealing with her husband commuting because they haven't sold yet... I'm sure she doesn't want to wait 3-4 months to move, let alone 8. If the other people do have someone to sublease then maybe they could do it, but they haven't started the loan process yet anyway so they might not even get approved for it. When we looked we had already gotten pre-approval for way more than the price range we were comfortable buying in, we didn't want to waste anybody's time because we understood how frustrating getting ready for a showing could be.
EXACTLY!!! oh, and we did contact them about helping them break their lease financially...I don't know what they think. THey are looking into it I guess.

Old 10-30-2007, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinmma View Post
No, they actually said they like the property but are not doing anything until their lease is up. So, it really was a waste of their time and mine. Irresponsible realtor shouldn't even take them on until they are serious. As for the "chillax" that is easier said than done. I often am "chilled" about it but when crap like this happens, I get irritated. Attend on eof our many open houses, don't schedule an appt. We are looking here in our new locaton but we only go to open houses as not to waste anyones time and the very first thing we say is that we are trying to sell our home and are just getting an idea of what the market is.
Like I said, I went through the same process myself a few months ago, but my actual situation was somewhat different. I was trying to get my house sold and me moved before my grandfather succumbed to cancer.

Unfortunately, I didn't make it. He died while we were closing the sale.

I had to deal with that, plus the death of my grandmother a few months prior to that, a collapsing marriage, and the stress of being desperate to leave a country (the United Kingdom) that I *hated* living in so I could come the hell HOME...it was my SECOND overseas move in six years. Plus...I got to clean my house top to bottom nearly every day just to be ready for showings. I had to switch real estate agents THREE TIMES and once went two months without a single showing.

So...easier said than done? Puh-leeze. I managed to keep my calm most of the time even while dealing with all that crap. So some time-wasters came and looked at your house. Is anyone dying while you're waiting to sell your house? Are you stuck thousands of miles from your family in a hellhole of a country in an abusive marriage? Believe me, when I say chillax...I mean it. If *I* could do it, so can you.

Old 10-30-2007, 01:51 PM

Thank you to the coward who neg-repped me without leaving their name for telling twinma that some people actually have it worse than she does.

Grow up.

Old 10-30-2007, 02:16 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,520,430 times
Default made an offer

We just bit the bullet and made an offer even though our house has not sold.We lowballed them I think but from all the specs I have seen we offered the right price.We do not care right now if this house sells since we can afford both homes but we can only go up $20,000 to still make it.There is another home we can get so if she doesn't like our offer and goes way to high I would prefer to go with that one. Our realtor is also putting on our sign and the MLS that we would pay UP TO six months of their mortgage. That should be done in a few days. I learned that from this board.

Old 10-30-2007, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeDallasite View Post
Like I said, I went through the same process myself a few months ago, but my actual situation was somewhat different. I was trying to get my house sold and me moved before my grandfather succumbed to cancer.

Unfortunately, I didn't make it. He died while we were closing the sale.

I had to deal with that, plus the death of my grandmother a few months prior to that, a collapsing marriage, and the stress of being desperate to leave a country (the United Kingdom) that I *hated* living in so I could come the hell HOME...it was my SECOND overseas move in six years. Plus...I got to clean my house top to bottom nearly every day just to be ready for showings. I had to switch real estate agents THREE TIMES and once went two months without a single showing.

So...easier said than done? Puh-leeze. I managed to keep my calm most of the time even while dealing with all that crap. So some time-wasters came and looked at your house. Is anyone dying while you're waiting to sell your house? Are you stuck thousands of miles from your family in a hellhole of a country in an abusive marriage? Believe me, when I say chillax...I mean it. If *I* could do it, so can you.
You have NO idea what else I am going through, so please stop telling me to relax and everything else. I have infant twins, we are living in a new state in a 900sqft apartment until our home sells (2 adults, 2 infants, a dog, and a cat), and I can't be at the house to make "adjustments", we have NO help so we are doing everything on our own. Not to mentiont he other personal crap in our lives that is none of your business. So, please don't tell me how I should "chill" or "chillAX" (whatever that means) No reason for you to start. I just wrote this thread to update those who have been following this story and making suggestions on getting the house sold. And, it is a waste of my time when others go in to look and can't buy in the immediate future (within 3 months) b/c I have to make special trips to the home in order to clean as we have hardwoods and everytime someone comes in they leave tracks if it has rained or they leave trash in the can. My realtor does what she can but she can't be scrubbing my floors and such. (side note: she is GREAT. She even painted over the nail pops that the builder fixed for us, lol!)
Anyway, I was not the one who took away your reps, but please do not respond on this thread anymore. You have said what you need to say and I do not seek any more opinions from you.

Old 10-30-2007, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorriem View Post
We just bit the bullet and made an offer even though our house has not sold.We lowballed them I think but from all the specs I have seen we offered the right price.We do not care right now if this house sells since we can afford both homes but we can only go up $20,000 to still make it.There is another home we can get so if she doesn't like our offer and goes way to high I would prefer to go with that one. Our realtor is also putting on our sign and the MLS that we would pay UP TO six months of their mortgage. That should be done in a few days. I learned that from this board.
Good luck on the purchase
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate