Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2007, 04:32 PM

73 posts, read 229,306 times

Advertisements

When our listing expired, our phone started ringing at 7:37 in the morning and kept going the entire day (18 realtors called. and we're on the DNC list!). Most of them asked me, "when are you going to re-list with someone who can actually sell your home?"

I found that extremely obnoxious, and was very happy to be able to tell them we were in escrow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2007, 05:04 PM

2,636 posts, read 7,426,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kosmo65 View Post
When our listing expired, our phone started ringing at 7:37 in the morning and kept going the entire day (18 realtors called. and we're on the DNC list!). Most of them asked me, "when are you going to re-list with someone who can actually sell your home?"

I found that extremely obnoxious, and was very happy to be able to tell them we were in escrow.
They should not have said that. I say 'I saw your listing expired. Have you relisted?' and if they say no, I ask if they are still interesting in moving.

Old 11-04-2007, 12:09 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,017,781 times
I think I have the answer for the feeding frenzy folks who have a buyer for your house. I'm having fun with this! I tell them I'm thrilled they have someone who wants to buy my house. I have a NAR one time showing contract right in front of me and I would be happy to pay full commission. Please fax me your statement saying these buyers are prequalified for the mortgage and we can set up an appointment for say 3pm?????

They are dumbfounded and speechless at this point.

Old 11-04-2007, 12:22 PM

1,049 posts, read 3,855,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
I think I have the answer for the feeding frenzy folks who have a buyer for your house. I'm having fun with this! I tell them I'm thrilled they have someone who wants to buy my house. I have a NAR one time showing contract right in front of me and I would be happy to pay full commission. Please fax me your statement saying these buyers are prequalified for the mortgage and we can set up an appointment for say 3pm?????

Well, not that i use that pitch myself, however I would just say, I dont think they would go for it without me seeing the home first, would 3:00pm still work for you? I can drop by if it works for you, maybe they cant think quick enough on their feet and you are right, if they are speechless, then they probably arent worth hiring at this point.

Old 11-04-2007, 12:31 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,017,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAugust View Post
Well, not that i use that pitch myself, however I would just say, I dont think they would go for it without me seeing the home first, would 3:00pm still work for you? I can drop by if it works for you, maybe they cant think quick enough on their feet and you are right, if they are speechless, then they probably arent worth hiring at this point.
You're right! And no one yet has come up with the let me see it first line. And when one does, I'll let them see it and that's it unless they come up with the buyer. I'll let them waste their own time.

Old 11-04-2007, 05:15 PM

1,372 posts, read 5,208,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post

like i said before

I don't know if i have a buyer for your home I haven't seen it

I preview alot of the homes before I take my clients to them
but at this point I KNOW what they want and what they don't
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate