Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 11:29 AM

9,848 posts, read 30,284,407 times

Advertisements

I tried to view a house listed through Help-U-Sell last summer. When we got out to the house at our scheduled appointement time with my agent we discovered there was no lock-box with a key on the door and nobody was home. My agent made several calls to the Central Listing Service and the Help-U-Sell contact to figure out a way to gain entry while we waited and nobody called him back. We had other homes to look at and moved on. I don't recall anybody from help-U-Sell ever calling my agent back that enitre day. We made an offer on a different house the next day. Based on that experience I think I will pass on using Help-U -Sell in my area when I choose to sell my home down the road.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2007, 12:40 AM

403 posts, read 1,170,371 times
For what it's worth, when an out-of-state family member with whom I am very close asked for advice on selling her home, I researched for the best agent I could find in her area. My criteria was that the agent had to be full-time, have a minimum of fifteen transactions closed within the past year, have at least three current listings, and that he or she did his or her own work without relying on a staff.

Once I had three agents identified, I requested that the data sheets for all of his or her current listings be provided to me so I could review each for completeness, detail, spelling and marketing message. I also asked to see the client sheets to verify that a full complement of photos were taken and that the photos were of good quality.

After that, I intereviewed each, asking them their assessment of the market, to provide me with a few anecdotes of difficult situations that they overcame, how they thought my relative should position her home in the market in order to give it the best chance of selling and what advice we could expect if Plan A didn't work.

Help-U-Sell never entered into the mix.

Old 11-03-2007, 09:31 PM

157 posts, read 624,143 times
Everyone, thanks so much for your input and comments about my question! You've been most helpful. We've decided to keep our listing with our agent and not go with help-u-sell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate