Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 11:10 PM

188 posts, read 989,337 times

Advertisements

I'm posting on Craigslist like everyday, but I'm just not getting enough attention. Are there any other good sites to post on?

I'm not sure if it's really worth advertising in the local paper. It's on Realtor.com (which is the big one). What else should I do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2007, 08:26 AM
Noc

1,435 posts, read 2,069,985 times
Check here

Real Estate Professionals

Old 11-02-2007, 04:52 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,118,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noc View Post
I was thinking the same thing, you might ask one of the mods to move this over to that forum .

Old 11-03-2007, 12:02 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,113,750 times
A good Realtor will make back MORE then what their commission is.

Old 11-04-2007, 02:17 AM

83 posts, read 316,678 times
If you have a nickle ads paper , put your ad in that. A lot of people read those things for real estate. We know that property's are cheaper than having to deal with the real estate pro. Plus when you sell, make sure you run the whole shebang through your TITLE QUARNTEE company. Every county has one. They will do all the legal and pay everyone who gets a chunk all for less than 700 dollars. Try that with your real estate pro!

Old 01-18-2008, 10:41 PM

377 posts, read 1,728,097 times
If you live in a neighborhood that's in high demand (people wanting to live there) and you live close to the entrance, your biggest marketing tool will be your "For Sale" flyers. Make sure that it looks professional with pictures and details about the property. Also, a website with additional pictures and info will also help and don't forget to include the www. address on the flyer.

Old 01-19-2008, 09:52 AM

540 posts, read 2,173,972 times
wealthtrader,
I think it is an interesting decision for you to sell your home without the resources or representation of a real estate professional in a market such as we are in now. Many excellent Realtors are looking for new and innovative ways to market their listings in the face of high inventories and a reduced buyer pool.

I was wondering how you came to that decision.

Thanks. As a Realtor myself, I'm looking to better understand the dynamics and decision making process of the consumers out there. I understand some are frustrated, some are short on equity and believe this tactic saves them money (something that isn't ALWAYS the case) some are uninformed, and others are making a great decision that works out quite well for them.

Old 01-19-2008, 09:57 AM

11,826 posts, read 34,436,540 times
They *are* listed. If they are on Realtor.com.

Old 01-19-2008, 10:09 AM

540 posts, read 2,173,972 times
2bindenver...not necessarily. There are resources out there now (like iggy's house) that get you access to Realtor.com without being listed (in the strict sense)...although technically, you are probably correct...maybe we should say without being "represented."

Old 01-19-2008, 03:52 PM

377 posts, read 1,728,097 times
Dave,

If you're knowledgeable with the real estate process and pricing, have a property in a good location that's very marketable, is in very good shape and is priced correctly, there's a good chance that you'll save money doing it fsbo vs. using a realtor.

Plus, if you know what you're doing there's also a chance that you'll market the property better than some of the local realtors. It sounds like there are excellent performing realtors on this site, but this isn't the case everywhere. Just as an example: in my neighborhood, realtor's info tubes can be empty for weeks, the pictures on mls are blurry, when realtors make price changes on mls, they don't change the price on the flyers and they never do open houses. These are just a few examples, but when potential sellers see this, they question what they're getting for their money considering that the average 6% commission equates to $30,000 to $36,000 in my neighborhood.

Just to be fair, there are also some realtors in my area that are very good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate