Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2013, 02:51 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,046,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marksmu View Post
I think Wednesday night is the best. What you get is the people who are die hard ready to buy and fight over the listing show up first thing Thursday. I listed Wednesday around 11pm last week, and had 11 showings on Thursday, 8 of those looked at the house prior to lunch, and an above asking price offer was received at 12:30.

It was crazy. I had hundreds of calls Thursday/Friday, but I went pending on Saturday. It showed 22 times from Thursday to Saturday, and the 4 Saturday showings were all people wanting to put in back up contracts....

The market is crazy, and the frenzy from the buyers agents is really helping the listing agents look good!
Where are you located? It sounds like most say by Thursday to list.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2013, 03:26 PM

1,835 posts, read 3,264,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckycat View Post
Where are you located? It sounds like most say by Thursday to list.
I'm in a very hot area of Houston. I've been watching every listing around me for months and following them through to close, and I found that the majority of the sales that closed above asking price were listed on Wednesday or Thursday.

I chose Wednesday night for a multitude of reasons:
1) Maid came Wednesday so house was clean for Thursday.
2) Kids in school all day, with dinner plans that night.
3) Friday we had plans all day that kept us out of the house.

I knew what we had was in demand, and I wanted to get as many showings as possible without having to deal with relocating the kids all weekend. It was nice to get to go pending on Friday so that Saturday only had a few very interested folks.

EDIT: My first showing was 8:30 Thursday morning...I was just getting ready to leave when the phone rang so I told the buyers agent I would leave the coffee on for them and they could help themselves.

Old 05-07-2013, 03:34 PM

24,456 posts, read 17,203,514 times
Our MLS has a 24 hour timeframe where new listings are on the top. Usually on the weekends we are busy and don't have the time to look at the newest listing so I would say the best time to list is during the week maybe Tuesday\ Wednesday at 10 in the am so everyone has time to see it and make plans for the weekend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate