Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2013, 05:28 PM

10,213 posts, read 14,829,894 times

Advertisements

This is kind of like listening-in on what people say about a house they are viewing. If more Realtors took heed ... and notes when lookers made these type comments, sellers would have a better idea of what to do to help sell their house. (Perhaps a valuable service and potential new business idea ... is to set-up a website where sellers can post their house pics and ask viewers to comment. Maybe they could offer something in return, but, everyone seems to want to 'post their opinion').
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2013, 06:57 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,426,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckycat View Post
Here's another angle:

The house looks much better from an angle shot (photo in your post #40).

I think your house is very nice but I agree with those who say you have too much furniture (for selling, not for living in). I'd suggest removing half of the furniture pieces in each room. That will help show how large the rooms are. Good luck!

Old 05-19-2013, 07:39 PM

17,709 posts, read 29,812,481 times
Quote:
Here's another angle:
Move more to the corner.
Use a wider angle lens.
Make the pretty patio the focal point.

Old 05-19-2013, 07:54 PM

3,826 posts, read 5,804,900 times
Quote:
I'm not disagreeing on a professional photographer but those pics look fake and edited with photoshop. Thanks for the honest opinion otherwise.
+1
I hate photoshoped pictures of houses... Every single house I went to look in person looked like a crap after such a wonderfull pictures... I hate panaramic shots because in real world rooms were 3 times smaller than I imagined by looking at professional pictures.

Old 05-19-2013, 08:01 PM

I am not saying you should do it, but someone I know who recently sold his house went to Target and bought a bunch of decor along with modern look bedding, frames, pictures, and put everyting on, took pictures, packed everything an returned to Target within a day. I thought it was smart and didn't violate any ethics.

Old 05-19-2013, 08:10 PM

43,280 posts, read 77,092,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EngGirl View Post
I am not saying you should do it, but someone I know who recently sold his house went to Target and bought a bunch of decor along with modern look bedding, frames, pictures, and put everyting on, took pictures, packed everything an returned to Target within a day. I thought it was smart and didn't violate any ethics.
"I thought it was smart and didn't violate any ethics."
I don't think I can repeat this often enough to grasp it.

Wow. Just wow. What a truly sad commentary on personal ethical standards...

Old 05-19-2013, 08:13 PM

17,709 posts, read 29,812,481 times
Default Immoral

Quote:
someone I know who recently sold his house went to Target and bought a bunch of decor along with modern look bedding, frames, pictures, and put everything on, took pictures, packed everything an returned to Target within a day
Horrible attitude.
That was stealing from Target as they cannot resell the returned items at full price.

Old 05-19-2013, 09:07 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,426,125 times
Quote:
... someone I know who recently sold his house went to Target and bought a bunch of decor along with modern look bedding, frames, pictures, and put everyting on, took pictures, packed everything an returned to Target within a day. I thought it was smart and didn't violate any ethics.

I'm always surprised when people post such blatantly unethical advice, even behind the cloak of anonymity.

Old 05-19-2013, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post
Horrible attitude.
That was stealing from Target as they cannot resell the returned items at full price.
Why??? Can you tell if the vase or picture frame were used by someone??? As for bedding - nobody slept using that bedding and comforter and pillow cases were used just to take pictures. It's like staging home. Nobody is saying to use for weeks and return, but to take pictures only. There is nothing wrong with it IMO

Old 05-19-2013, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
I'm always surprised when people post such blatantly unethical advice, even behind the cloak of anonymity.
Why? I didn't do it, but would consider if I would need to sell a house. I don't see how different is it from someone buying some decor, try it at home to see it's not working (size/color/whatever reasons) and return it. I guess I am so unethical by returning unwanted things... Last time I went to Target I bought 3 different panels of curtains, tried them in my bedroom, decided which one I like and exchanges 2 unwanted for 2 wanted. I guess I should keep everything I am buyng and don't like to keep.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate