Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2013, 11:25 AM

155 posts, read 378,791 times

Advertisements

Is this a good rate?

4.00% Interest Rate. No Points 60 Day Lock. 30 year Fixed Conventional. APR 4.168%

I'm from the Dallas, Texas area.

I have two competing Banks and the above is what the first quoted. Their service is outstanding.

The second Bank say they can meet or possibly beat the pricing but the mortgage officier is not as customer friendly to say the least.

Both of these Banks we have a long standing business relationship with for years.

We are required to Contract on a home in 30 days to keep this Rate above.

Can anyone even take a guess on what the Fed will do to affect Rates?

Thanks!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2013, 11:41 AM

2,155 posts, read 5,194,451 times
Without a crystal ball it is hard to know what will happen with rates. In addition without knowing the particulars of your loan, like credit score, down payment, loan to value ratio, property type, etc., it is hard to know if this is a good rate.

One comment I will make is that good service will make your transaction much smoother and you will sleep better at night knowing your Loan Officer is on top of things. Unless there is a significantly better rate or fees, I would take the guy who is going to get your loan done and not screw it up.

Old 06-19-2013, 04:36 PM

3,803 posts, read 9,341,167 times
Bernanke's comments today did more to hurt the Dow than help mortgage rates.

QE talk - even talk of keeping it rolling through the next several months - had, and will have, zero positive impact on mortgage rates. In fact rates for some products re-priced with increases today, post-Bernanke comments.

Rates will not be going back down, and will never again be as low as they were three months ago, in our lifetime, in my opinion. Having said that, I was happy when I had 8% on my house some years back. It's just not that big a deal compared to other components of personal finance.

BTW, your terms look good -- work with the person in whom you have the most confidence.

Old 06-20-2013, 12:03 PM

32,723 posts, read 48,321,659 times
It looks good to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate