Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2013, 12:21 AM

19,198 posts, read 16,675,444 times

Advertisements

I have a request for realtors holding an open house.

Don't bake chocolate chip cookies. At some point, cookies stop baking and begin burning and it takes days to get that smell out of the house. Leave the oven off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2013, 06:02 AM

228 posts, read 362,019 times
We (seller) were present for all of our showings, (and we had ALOT of showings) only because we had a dog and refused to put a lockbox on the door. We just didnt trust anyone. In the beginning I would take the dog for a walk around the block, but in the Florida sun, that got old really fast, so we just hung out in the back yard. My children were also present, if we had a showing after school they would hang out in one room on their electronic devices and were totally oblivious to the buyers.

Now granted we did sell to an investor, (house was old w/ no central air), but we got a great price and sold in 4 weeks

Old 08-02-2013, 06:21 AM

43,266 posts, read 77,043,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
I have a request for realtors holding an open house.

Don't bake chocolate chip cookies. At some point, cookies stop baking and begin burning and it takes days to get that smell out of the house. Leave the oven off.
Really. And a saucer of beer in a 200° oven gives you the smell of fresh baked bread anyway.
Along with the remainder of the beer to wet your whistle...

Old 08-02-2013, 11:35 AM

28,113 posts, read 63,642,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Really. And a saucer of beer in a 200° oven gives you the smell of fresh baked bread anyway.
Along with the remainder of the beer to wet your whistle...
Will give it a try and report back...

Does it matter if Domestic or should I go with Imported?

Old 08-03-2013, 11:42 AM

I have another request to realtors. When someone calls about a property and you tell them, "it needs some work," be specific. If it needs structural repairs (roof, foundation, wiring, plumbing), that is far more important than paint or carpet. It would help the buyer figure if they want to make an offer or move on to a different property.

Oh and one more thing. When you are photographing the house for listing, please put the toilet seat down in the bathroom and turn off the TV, in the living room.

Last edited by JGC97; 08-03-2013 at 11:50 AM..

Old 08-03-2013, 12:09 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,853,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
I have another request to realtors. When someone calls about a property and you tell them, "it needs some work," be specific. If it needs structural repairs (roof, foundation, wiring, plumbing), that is far more important than paint or carpet. It would help the buyer figure if they want to make an offer or move on to a different property.

Oh and one more thing. When you are photographing the house for listing, please put the toilet seat down in the bathroom and turn off the TV, in the living room.
YOU ARE SO RIGHT.

I am constantly befuddled by the photos that listing agents include on the MLS - close ups of linen closets (?), pictures with dogs licking themselves in the middle of a room, trash and personal clutter laying around on counter tops, pictures that are crooked or blurry, NOT MANY PICTURES (like just two or three - red flag there!), pictures of small, dark bathrooms, tiny pictures, weird pictures of a room with a big lamp or back of a recliner obstructing the view, etc.

Old 08-03-2013, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
YOU ARE SO RIGHT.

I am constantly befuddled by the photos that listing agents include on the MLS - close ups of linen closets (?), pictures with dogs licking themselves in the middle of a room, trash and personal clutter laying around on counter tops, pictures that are crooked or blurry, NOT MANY PICTURES (like just two or three - red flag there!), pictures of small, dark bathrooms, tiny pictures, weird pictures of a room with a big lamp or back of a recliner obstructing the view, etc.
Everything you listed had me laughing because I've been seeing a lot of that in the photos, online. I recently saw one of a living room where the owner and a couple of relatives (or friends) were included in it. I imagine a serious buy will overlook the photos and judge for themselves when they look at the property but better looking photos will attract more people, imo.

The photos of your home are lovely. The realtor did a great job taking them and I'm certain it will sell in no time at all.

Old 08-03-2013, 04:10 PM

10,073 posts, read 7,754,937 times
How about these pics?

ummmm....nice bathroom?

Did they take pic from the floor?

Okay...

This one is pet friendly:

Not sure what that is on the far left:

I think they like red....no clutter in that kitchen.

Last edited by diddlydudette; 08-03-2013 at 04:38 PM..

Old 08-03-2013, 05:25 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,853,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
How about these pics?

ummmm....nice bathroom?

Did they take pic from the floor?

Okay...

This one is pet friendly:

Not sure what that is on the far left:

I think they like red....no clutter in that kitchen.

OMG these are SO FUNNY!

Made me go look for some myself in our local MLS. Here are a few beauties I found (though nothing beats those dogs going at it through that window!!!):

OK this was in the very first listing I pulled up:
I mean - WHY????? WHY THIS SHOT??? I know it's showing the hardwood floors but all I can look at is that damn vent!

Moving on...

Apparently trying to keep vampires at bay:

I don't even know what this is:

Would you like a paper towel to go with your house?

"Toto, we're not in Kansas anymore!"

For some reason, this just really freaks me out:

There are so many more -these are just a few I found in about three minutes!

Old 08-03-2013, 06:25 PM

10,073 posts, read 7,754,937 times
Those are hilarious especially with your commentary. You had me laughing out loud.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate