Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2013, 08:16 PM

15,577 posts, read 40,430,010 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
OMG these are SO FUNNY!

Made me go look for some myself in our local MLS. Here are a few beauties I found (though nothing beats those dogs going at it through that window!!!):

OK this was in the very first listing I pulled up:
I mean - WHY????? WHY THIS SHOT??? I know it's showing the hardwood floors but all I can look at is that damn vent!

Now, now...it is a damn nice vent. You aren't going to see those in just any ol' house.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2013, 10:50 PM

19,208 posts, read 16,693,063 times
Those were pretty funny, too, Kathy. Loved the captions you added. It really told the story.

Old 08-04-2013, 10:01 AM

28,115 posts, read 63,666,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfall View Post
Now, now...it is a damn nice vent. You aren't going to see those in just any ol' house.
Let's see... Central Heat, check!

Old 08-04-2013, 01:35 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,731,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
So, you were away for a couple of weeks, had showings, and your listing agent did not volunteer to walk through your house to keep tabs?
That is a minimum of service, IMO. Check on the listing. I go to vacant listings at least once a week to peek in.
I think we are in the minority of agents with this position.

Old 08-04-2013, 04:15 PM

15,577 posts, read 40,430,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrarunner View Post
Let's see... Central Heat, check!
Well anybody can have central heat, but these are white vents. They go to 11.

Old 08-04-2013, 05:02 PM

28,115 posts, read 63,666,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I think we are in the minority of agents with this position.
The president of the local Board of Realtors had her signs all over the neighborhood... almost exclusively on Lender owned properties.

I would call/e-mail her when I saw strange activities at her vacant listings... she told me not to call her unless I was a prospective buyer

One had all the appliances, including water heater and central furnace stolen... the truck was there most of the night... she could not be bothered.

Old 08-04-2013, 05:16 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,914,057 times
You know what's GREAT? We have a home security system with cameras that runs in real time. I was able to sit in the parking lot at Bed Bath and Beyond, and watch the people who came to look at my house this afternoon!

Besides being a good security measure, it tells me something about their level of interest. I wish it had microphones! Anyway, they stayed for fifteen minutes.

I thought it was interesting that the realtor didn't go look in our backyard (this is the first time she's seen the house). I mean, it's extensively landscaped and we have a TERRIFIC flagstone patio, pergola, and hot tub. You'd think she'd be a LITTLE interested in all that if she plans to ever show the house again.

Anyway, it was funny watching them walk around the house. I think it was a mother in law, and a younger couple. They read all the info laying out on the counter (average utility bills, security system info, etc). I could see the mother in law gesturing and talking about the backyard quite a bit - wish I could hear what she was saying, I could only see her pointing. But what I HOPE she was saying was, "I know this one is a little more expensive than the new construction around the corner, but LOOK - it has the extra living area and that huge patio - that's like a whole other room!"

My realtor just texted me and wanted to know if they stayed a long time.

Honestly, this camera thing is AWESOME!

Old 08-04-2013, 05:18 PM

Oooo, that sounds like fun. Spying on the prospective buyers. Sure wish I'd have had a camera in my last house. Maybe I would have found out which realtor made a long distance call on my phone and talked for 20 minutes.

Looking at that vent, it doesn't look like a typical outflow vent. It looks like an intake vent, to me. And why in the corner, like that?

Old 08-04-2013, 05:26 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,914,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
Oooo, that sounds like fun. Spying on the prospective buyers. Sure wish I'd have had a camera in my last house. Maybe I would have found out which realtor made a long distance call on my phone and talked for 20 minutes.
Yep, I really like it from a security standpoint. Of course, I am also trying to read their body language - which actually was pretty good. They stayed for between fifteen and twenty minutes, and walked through the house several times. Then they stood around and talked in the living room, and looked out the windows at the back yard and patio quite a bit (it's 100 degrees with blazing sun today). They each read all the info about the utilities, etc. The younger woman took the older woman back into the den several times and they seemed to be smiling a lot.

One funny thing I noticed is that my very sociable Siamese cat followed them all over the place, with his tail just twitching away.

My realtor just texted me and said they specifically asked beforehand if the backyard was big enough for a pool (which, considering it's half an acre and level, yes it is!). So - whether they make an offer or not, I think it was a good showing. Can't wait to hear back from the other realtor!

Old 08-04-2013, 05:29 PM

And that's all that matters. An offer with funds to get the job done! Hope you get that call.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate