Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2013, 10:54 AM

19,855 posts, read 65,829,411 times

Advertisements

I love your entrance hall! That was on my almost-must-have list and I got it. I like the photo of just it best.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2013, 12:28 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times
Thank you, SouthernBelle - I love a beautiful foyer. It really sets the tone for the rest of the house!

Old 08-04-2013, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
Mine has been on the market 1 week. I've had one offer but it was too low. I don't 'have' to sell it so I can hold out for a better deal hopefully.

I saw one car pull up in my driveway and stayed there about 10 minutes. Then another car drove by slowly so maybe things will pick up.
Wow, already had an offer! That's fantastic. Sounds like you're getting some good activity already.

There are two brand new construction homes out in our neighborhood, by the same builder who built our house (he's a really good builder). One isn't complete yet. They both have bad back yards (small and slanted down). They are also both a bit smaller than my house.

They are priced about $30,000 less than mine - BUT mine is about 200 square feet bigger, has a huge flagstone patio, pergola, hot tub, sprinkler system on the entire 1 acre lot (their lots are 1/3 an acre), extensive landscaping and a great lawn, an extra living area (theirs only has one living area), and all the same really nice amenities that are in the other ones. SO - I'm hoping to piggy back off of the interest in those homes. His homes out here sell within about 2 months so I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Hey, keep me posted on your progress on your home. IT'S SO INTERESTING. I love real estate.

Gotta get out of here in about an hour for the showing -I'm going to drive by some homes in the area. I have two so far that I really really like. We put in a contingency offer on one, and they countered with a higher price (only $2000 off list price). So we didn't sign it but it's still on our very short list. But I'm going to drive around and look at some more areas. We have another one that we really like as well so it's all good!

Are you moving out of your area?

Old 08-04-2013, 05:18 PM

OK we had our first showing and I hope it went well - my realtor has already contacted the other realtor asking for feedback (I love our realtor - she's fantastic!).

You know what's GREAT? We have a home security system with cameras that runs in real time. I was able to sit in the parking lot at Bed Bath and Beyond, and watch the people who came to look at my house this afternoon!

Besides being a good security measure, it tells me something about their level of interest. I wish it had microphones! Anyway, they stayed for fifteen minutes.

I thought it was interesting that the realtor didn't go look in our backyard (this is the first time she's seen the house). I mean, it's extensively landscaped and we have a TERRIFIC flagstone patio, pergola, and hot tub. You'd think she'd be a LITTLE interested in all that if she plans to ever show the house again.

Anyway, it was funny watching them walk around the house. I think it was a mother in law, and a younger couple. They read all the info laying out on the counter (average utility bills, security system info, etc). I could see the mother in law gesturing and talking about the backyard quite a bit - wish I could hear what she was saying, I could only see her pointing. But what I HOPE she was saying was, "I know this one is a little more expensive than the new construction around the corner, but LOOK - it has the extra living area and that huge patio - that's like a whole other room!"

My realtor just texted me and wanted to know if they stayed a long time.

Honestly, this camera thing is AWESOME! This is more fun than a barrel of monkeys!

Old 08-04-2013, 06:09 PM

Hey, by the way - for the folks who told me my kitchen is too cluttered:

No. THIS kitchen is too cluttered! LOL

Old 08-04-2013, 06:17 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,829,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kathrynaragon View Post
hey, by the way - for the folks who told me my kitchen is too cluttered:

No. This kitchen is too cluttered! Lol
omg.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 08-04-2013, 06:34 PM

4,565 posts, read 10,656,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
We have a home security system with cameras that runs in real time. I was able to sit in the parking lot at Bed Bath and Beyond, and watch the people who came to look at my house this afternoon!
Creeeeeeeepy.

Old 08-04-2013, 08:24 PM

311 posts, read 634,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 399083453 View Post
Creeeeeeeepy.

I agree.

Wow.

Old 08-04-2013, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Bound View Post

I agree.

Wow.

Yeah, but would you do it if you could?

Old 08-04-2013, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 399083453 View Post
Creeeeeeeepy.
Hey, it's modern technology.

And it was very interesting!

Just goes to show - you never know who is watching you!

I was curious to see if they opened drawers, because that's not something I ever do in a house I'm looking at. Pantries and closets, yes, but cabinets and drawers...no.

They behaved themselves!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate