Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 07:41 AM

1,408 posts, read 8,019,787 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolepsy View Post
my realtor asked me to ask my neighbors to keep their dog inside during our showings. i felt awkward asking them and im sure they felt a bit peeved maybe but it all turned out well and i sold no problems. my neighbor on the other side was a pig that kept her property looking like a trailer park and since i didnt get along with her there was no way i could ask her to clean up her property. it's horrible being in the situation youre in. i know that whenever my neighbors were trying to sell that i just automatically made sure my place/yard looked great in order to set a good impression and not mess up their sale. they didnt ask me but i just knew to do this because i am considerate so i guess you just dont have considerate neighbors. shame.
hopefully it'll all work out for you and if the people love the house enough then they wont worry about dogs barking.
nicole i did that as well when my neighbors had their home on the market. i also made sure my dogs were inside during their open houses so buyers weren't turned off by them (they're very big dogs but very well behaved - they're size though does intimidate people). Funny when the family that ultimately bought the house came back for a second showing I made sure to say hello, how are you (my neighbors never asked me to do this but I wanted the buyers to know their "maybe" neighbors were friendly)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2007, 05:26 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,996,167 times
I always say Hi to people looking at houses next to me. It's a good way to start out (hopefully) on the right foot and it also gives you some indication of what's coming...

Old 11-16-2007, 02:08 PM

940 posts, read 1,367,495 times
OK, this is not going good!!! Now, I'am getting cursed out by the neighbor thru the fence!!! She is blaming us for...of all thing ataginizing (sp) her dogs!!! I can not believe this!! All we were doing is planting some bushes, filling in some empty spots in the backyard landscaping and she walks out and starts cursing and saying she is calling on us!!! Go frigin figure!! See, I should haven't tiptoed around for 2 years putting up with the junk, cause look where it got me, just tryin to keep the peace!!! I can't believe it, she is just like here dogs!!!

Old 11-16-2007, 02:11 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,601,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kickinbackfl View Post
OK, this is not going good!!! Now, I'am getting cursed out by the neighbor thru the fence!!! She is blaming us for...of all thing ataginizing (sp) her dogs!!! I can not believe this!! All we were doing is planting some bushes, filling in some empty spots in the backyard landscaping and she walks out and starts cursing and saying she is calling on us!!! Go frigin figure!! See, I should haven't tiptoed around for 2 years putting up with the junk, cause look where it got me, just tryin to keep the peace!!! I can't believe it, she is just like here dogs!!!

Who is this idiot gonna call the bush planting police?

Old 11-16-2007, 02:22 PM

5,652 posts, read 19,344,148 times
I wonder if there have ever been lawsuits (that were won) of people suing their neighbors, for not being able to sell their homes because of the noises their neighbors animals make? Just wondering...

It could start a trend. I hear of this happening so much nowadays. No one has any consideration anymore.

Old 11-16-2007, 02:26 PM

5,652 posts, read 19,344,148 times
OOH - kickinback - sounds like you have a "neighbor from h*ll.

This is the reason you should NOT bother to confront neighbors over their noisy animals. Cause people that own animals and do this to them, are not right in the head. They are never causing problems, and they are the victims... they are sociopaths. And if anyone else complains, she will think it is you. Because until now you were under her radar.

Please keep a log of all the incidents with her, date and time them. Take photos if necessary. These are the rules of those of us who have NFH as they are termed.

You may try and see if any other neighbors are bothered by her barking animals. And call your animal control.

Hopefully you can sell your house to a dog lover who will think nothing of the barking!

Old 11-16-2007, 02:35 PM

48 posts, read 161,148 times
Remember me?? I have "The neighbor from Deliverence??" Yes, it is no fun living next to trash and barking dogs. I can see the beauty of an association-but can't live in a development. I sympathize with you. I can't sell my lot and when I tried the neighbor came out barking (Don't buy that lot!!") every time someone showed up! Had to sick the big dog (hubbie) on him a few times. Getting ready to put the sign back up and wait for it all to kick up again. Ahhh...rural suburbia.

Old 11-16-2007, 02:41 PM

940 posts, read 1,367,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gardener34 View Post
OOH - kickinback - sounds like you have a "neighbor from h*ll.

This is the reason you should NOT bother to confront neighbors over their noisy animals. Cause people that own animals and do this to them, are not right in the head. They are never causing problems, and they are the victims... they are sociopaths. And if anyone else complains, she will think it is you. Because until now you were under her radar.

Please keep a log of all the incidents with her, date and time them. Take photos if necessary. These are the rules of those of us who have NFH as they are termed.

You may try and see if any other neighbors are bothered by her barking animals. And call your animal control.

Hopefully you can sell your house to a dog lover who will think nothing of the barking!
A day ago, I felt guilty, until this!!! I was thinking about sending her a sorry/thank you card. OMG, I must be dumb!!

I have fenced off ALMOST 1/2 of my property because of this situation!! NO one is allowed on the other side of the property unless necessary. Could you just imagine if I had small children, who in their right mind would deal with this!!! So, I let this get to far gone, I should have done something a longtime ago instead of walking on pins and needles everytime I entered my OWN darn yard!! Im sorry, I am fuming mad right now!!! And I can't believe that she is just as out of control as her dam a**hole dogs!!!

Old 11-16-2007, 03:03 PM

1,408 posts, read 8,019,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kickinbackfl View Post
A day ago, I felt guilty, until this!!! I was thinking about sending her a sorry/thank you card. OMG, I must be dumb!!

I have fenced off ALMOST 1/2 of my property because of this situation!! NO one is allowed on the other side of the property unless necessary. Could you just imagine if I had small children, who in their right mind would deal with this!!! So, I let this get to far gone, I should have done something a longtime ago instead of walking on pins and needles everytime I entered my OWN darn yard!! Im sorry, I am fuming mad right now!!! And I can't believe that she is just as out of control as her dam a**hole dogs!!!
I take it your neighbor did not take kindly to animal control giving her a notice. i'm sorry you have to deal with this wack job of a person while trying to sell your home.

Old 11-16-2007, 03:15 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,601,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachboundgirl View Post
Remember me?? I have "The neighbor from Deliverence??" Yes, it is no fun living next to trash and barking dogs. I can see the beauty of an association-but can't live in a development. I sympathize with you. I can't sell my lot and when I tried the neighbor came out barking (Don't buy that lot!!") every time someone showed up! Had to sick the big dog (hubbie) on him a few times. Getting ready to put the sign back up and wait for it all to kick up again. Ahhh...rural suburbia.
I remember you!! Just contact the City Data Team when you try to sell again!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate