Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 02:10 PM

940 posts, read 1,367,691 times

Advertisements

(Before you read this I'am a dog owner and lover!! I' am not picking on these dogs) Ok, yes I'am steaming mad right now!! I had a showing today at 11:00am.
Cleaned like there is no tomorrow, the whole nine!!! Everything looked great!!

Just got my feedback, buyers loved the house, showed great, all sounds good right? Wrong!! They can't get past the neighbors dogs barking!! Not only do they bark they pounce on the fence like mad dogs!!!

I love dogs and I have a dog, don't get me wrong. My neighbor go to work and leave their dogs out all day!! And now that we have the windows open they bark at everything you do INSIDE the house and forget going in the yard!!! I can't even let my dog out without a fence fight!!!

When they are home and the dogs go crazy, they let them in for a few and then as soon as they hear me let my dog in ,their dogs are right back out again. So now that it is better weather here in Florida, they leave them out all day long!!!

What should I do, do I have the right to ask them not to do this, because it is causing a problem with me selling?!? Or do I call animal control?

Keep in mind, over the summer these people left their home for a couple of days and left the back door open so that the dogs can run freely in and out!! There was nooo controlling them!! I don't really think these people care about their dogs or the people around them!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2007, 02:15 PM

3,928 posts, read 11,599,672 times
My house isn't for sale, but I have the exact same situation with the neighbor's dogs. I'm looking forward to reading the responses!

Old 11-12-2007, 02:18 PM

582 posts, read 2,009,355 times
You might have had a case to call animal control over the summer since the dog was unsupervised with the door open like that. I'm not sure you could call them over this, but you could go over and try to talk to them without being confrontational. Maybe there is a way to keep their doogs on a certain side of the yard or something so they aren't right there scaring your PB's?

Old 11-12-2007, 02:24 PM

144 posts, read 824,658 times
Call animal control and your city office. Unless you are in the unincorporated area of your county, I bet your city has a law against this. Start taping the barking and also keep a journal.

Have you tried talking to the neighbors? I know that sometimes that can be the easiest thing to say but the hardest thing to do. Good luck.

Old 11-12-2007, 02:32 PM

5,652 posts, read 19,348,680 times
I would call animal control. And ask that your call be kept anonymous.

Don't confront them yourself. Owners of obnoxious dogs are usually very defensive and all say "they don't have a problem with the dogs barking. So why should you?" And all dogs bark? Don't you know that?"...

People that allow dogs to bark incessantly have mental disorders.

I would definitely call animal control first, maybe a letter from them, if they are normal, and not mentally unbalanced individuals, this may get them a little scared at least, enough to control it while you sell it at least.

Old 11-12-2007, 02:38 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,604,265 times
Hi Kickinbackfl!

Oh, I feel so bad for you, I'm an animal lover myself, dogs and cats!!! I had to live next to a neighbor for 7 years who left their dog out 24/7 and all he did was bark all day and all night. We could never open our windows at night in the summer because he was barking, we actually had to buy a loud fan and put it on our dresser to drown out the barking noise at night while we slept. Once in a while one of us (us or other neighbors) would call the police and the dog would be in the house for a day or so then right back to outside 24/7.

This is the most inconsiderate thing ever, unless you live out in the country with no neighbors you shouldn't leave a barking dog out like that. I never understood this. I've never let my dog stay out and annoy the hell out of everyone like this.

Do you think you can talk to them? What about the other neighbors? I would get to the bottom of this even if it involves contacting the police or your never gonna sell your house and you don't want the person buying your house to be stuck listening to that crap either.

Old 11-12-2007, 02:39 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,604,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gardener34 View Post
People that allow dogs to bark incessantly have mental disorders.
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-12-2007, 02:41 PM

1,194 posts, read 3,974,594 times
Water hose. When the yappy bast___rds start barking I spray my next door neighbor's dogs. Shuts them up and they know I won't tolerate it.

Old 11-12-2007, 03:05 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,520,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kickinbackfl View Post
(Before you read this I'am a dog owner and lover!! I' am not picking on these dogs) Ok, yes I'am steaming mad right now!! I had a showing today at 11:00am.
Cleaned like there is no tomorrow, the whole nine!!! Everything looked great!!

Just got my feedback, buyers loved the house, showed great, all sounds good right? Wrong!! They can't get past the neighbors dogs barking!! Not only do they bark they pounce on the fence like mad dogs!!!

I love dogs and I have a dog, don't get me wrong. My neighbor go to work and leave their dogs out all day!! And now that we have the windows open they bark at everything you do INSIDE the house and forget going in the yard!!! I can't even let my dog out without a fence fight!!!

When they are home and the dogs go crazy, they let them in for a few and then as soon as they hear me let my dog in ,their dogs are right back out again. So now that it is better weather here in Florida, they leave them out all day long!!!

What should I do, do I have the right to ask them not to do this, because it is causing a problem with me selling?!? Or do I call animal control?

Keep in mind, over the summer these people left their home for a couple of days and left the back door open so that the dogs can run freely in and out!! There was nooo controlling them!! I don't really think these people care about their dogs or the people around them!!

Sounds like our place with the fence fight our three against their three.We also let ours out and they bring theirs in but like you said as soon as ours have done what they have to do I bring ours into the lani area and they let theirs out again.Ours only can run around the pool area as theirs have this yard (as we do also) to run in.On the otherside of us is only one dog and if he is out our dogs bark at him and he barks at them so then they have to go in. The only time our three can play outside or in the lani area without barking dogs is at 10 at night so hubby and I watch TV outside and let them play . What you might want to get is a ULRASONIC PET TRAINER.We got it several years ago and it gives off a high pitch sound only a dog can hear.When I am fed up I go next to the fence and use that and the neighbors dogs stop barking.I got that at petsmart several years ago.If you can find it and do it enough you might have trained your neighbors dogs.

Old 11-12-2007, 03:09 PM

940 posts, read 1,367,691 times
Thank you everyone for posting so quickly!! I feel for all of you going thru this right now!! It is truly annoying!!

Mjb68, I do not for the life of me, know why you let it get so far you had to buy a fan, unless you bought a supersized MGM studio fan, to blow the little f***er out of the town!!

Gardner34, you hit the nail on the head!!! They have to be out of their minds, if they don't think it bother anyone!!!http://bestsmileys.com/frustrated/7.gif (broken link)

Car957, Trust me the thought crossed my mind, but I'am to scared they would know it was me and with my luck I'd get in more trouble!!http://bestsmileys.com/jail/1.gif (broken link) LOL

TampaKaren, Sara and Milabs, I really don't know which I'am going to do, first things first, I'am going to talk to hubby and see what he thinks. I really just had enough of this and this has to be resolved asap!!!

I'd love to be Jennie right now and cast a spell on the little $h!*heads!! I get a kick out of seeing the dogs bark and no sound coming out!!! I'd be ROFL!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate