Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 05:07 AM

2,249 posts, read 8,897,694 times

Advertisements

I agree with Karen also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2007, 06:28 AM

364 posts, read 1,112,700 times
Being in S FLA I am seeing the worst. I recently had a home for sale and it had 4 offers on it. In my neighborhood 3 homes have sold recently. All prices were a little above 2003 prices.

So it looks like it is leveling out. Research your area but if I was looking to buy I would buy now or in the next few months. Prices may go down a little more but the huge reductions have passed from what I am seeing.

Old 11-14-2007, 08:07 AM

10 posts, read 33,492 times
You are right on Karen. The time to buy your primary residence is when you are ready to.

Old 11-14-2007, 08:21 AM

582 posts, read 2,009,594 times
I just want to add that if you are looking for something brand new watch for builder closeouts. The first person in a neighborhood may have bought at the low point, until the builder has ones sitting that he needs to sell and drops the price. I saw a sign recently outside a very upscale townhouse community that was going for around $600k (which is overpriced to being with in my opinion) that said builder closeouts starting at $324k. Now there is a sign saying FINAL builder closeouts starting at $299!

Old 11-14-2007, 09:36 AM

33 posts, read 172,243 times
Same thing in Northern california, the properties in good school disctrict, Palo Alto and Cupertino, there's hardly any inventory to sell, what comes to the market will get 8~20 offers and sell at above asking for sure. But some other part of town has seen 5~10% price reduction from the high. Especially the more "affordable" areas.

Old 11-14-2007, 02:02 PM

6,957 posts, read 22,311,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelingdun View Post
Same thing in Northern california, the properties in good school disctrict, Palo Alto and Cupertino, there's hardly any inventory to sell, what comes to the market will get 8~20 offers and sell at above asking for sure. But some other part of town has seen 5~10% price reduction from the high. Especially the more "affordable" areas.
There's the best advice from someone who knows the market in the area you're in. Having grown up in the Bay Area, it seems to me that that market has almost always been the exception to the rule (both good and bad).

I believe kelingdun, but I'm surprised at the prices somewhat.

Old 11-14-2007, 04:19 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,951,617 times
I've noticed the houses in my area are selling for about $50-60k of what was originally asked even after price cuts.

Old 11-14-2007, 05:25 PM

1,372 posts, read 5,210,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
When do you guys believe it will be the best time to buy? I hear the market will be even better next year (2 months from now). Better meaning it will remain a buyers market and house prices will continue to decline. I live in California btw. Do you guys also think that people who are selling their homes will accept offers that are $100k from what they are asking for because the California market is so bad?

Moderator please delete my other thread in the mortgage forum.
the best time to buy is when you can afford the house you fall in love with

other than that ...anytime is a good time

winter maybe... people know houses don't sell as well so they go the extra mile when they put it on the market.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate