Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2013, 05:27 PM

2,092 posts, read 3,224,245 times

Advertisements

This is so sad because there are so many people today that truly need help with their mortgage.

Bank of America former employees: 'We were told to lie'

"Bank of America routinely denied qualified borrowers a chance to modify their loans to more affordable terms and paid cash bonuses to bank staffers for pushing homeowners into foreclosure, according to affidavits filed last week in a Massachusetts lawsuit.

"We were told to lie to customers," said Simone Gordon, who worked in the bank's loss mitigation department until February 2012. "Site leaders regularly told us that the more we delayed the HAMP [loan] modification process, the more fees Bank of America would collect..."

Bank of America former employees: 'We were told to lie' - NBC News.com

SOURCE: NBC News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2013, 03:19 PM

10,965 posts, read 21,983,290 times
It's certainly believable. If true I hope that BoA gets hammered.

Old 06-18-2013, 03:28 PM

5,075 posts, read 11,074,084 times
That's shocking

Old 06-18-2013, 03:30 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,183,047 times
I'd bet it's the old Countrywide Gang. The management should all be in jail.

Old 06-19-2013, 04:03 PM

6,478 posts, read 10,347,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
I'd bet it's the old Countrywide Gang. The management should all be in jail.
Agreed 100%.

Some of the short sales and foreclosures I have come across over the last few years shows the irresponsibility of the banks during the current housing bubble.

Old 06-20-2013, 01:22 PM

624 posts, read 1,247,396 times
The Nazi's were ordered to kill Jews and said" we were just following orders". Their is a moral code even though progressives think their are no truths.

Old 06-20-2013, 01:40 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,342,958 times
The old Countrywide gang got out of any problems they caused by telling the government: "We know how to fix this mess" They were certainly a big player in the mess. The principles started a new company called "Penny Mac" and one of the things that they are doing is helping people get out of the bad loans that they placed them in.

Old 06-20-2013, 08:57 PM

8,674 posts, read 22,916,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
The old Countrywide gang got out of any problems they caused by telling the government: "We know how to fix this mess" They were certainly a big player in the mess. The principles started a new company called "Penny Mac" and one of the things that they are doing is helping people get out of the bad loans that they placed them in.

Agreed, the Friends of Angelo (Dodd and Frank, who got below market rate loans) did nothing to the tan man, the head of Countrywide, who at the height of his career was paid 470M per year. He was found guilty of securities fraud, no jail time and ordered to pay back 67M, a mere drop in the bucket. Chris Dodd, stepped down and Frank retired. No one noticed the emperor was not wearing any clothes. They all got away with the biggest theft this country has ever seen........they got away with it.

Old 06-23-2013, 06:48 PM

4,280 posts, read 12,667,816 times
Are you saying somebody selling something (mortgage money, cars, etc.) might not be totally candid?

That is indeed shocking.

Old 08-19-2013, 08:17 PM

2 posts, read 2,266 times
Angry bank of america paid to lie

I totally believe that BOA officials were told to lie. We started a modification in Jan of '10. The back peddling started from there. I finally got sick of doing all of the work for them, and then waiting for them to "review" the paperwork. In the fall of '12 (yep, that long) I finally contacted someone who actually restarted the process and got it done in 5 months. Only to have the modification drop my payment on about 10 bucks! Certainly not worth the time I invested in this, let alone the arrears now accrued on the account. Needless to say I told them what they could do with the house and we moved. Now, they call me at work, and I have heard from them more in one week than I did in 2 years!! Quite the little scam they got going. Yep, they can take the house and "*****" it. And that is what I told them. They said it will kill my credit. I told the lady no worries....they already did that by putting me 50k in the damn hole. Yep, I believe they were paid to lie 100%!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate