Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2013, 03:39 PM

1,029 posts, read 1,488,560 times

Advertisements

If the inspection revealed the possibility of mold, why wasn't that followed up on in the contingency time period?

In the future, if you see anything in the inspection that needs an expert to look at, extend the contingency until the expert's report is in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2013, 10:17 AM

3,663 posts, read 5,673,388 times
Is the worst that could happen if they walked away that they would lose their EMD?

Old 09-14-2013, 11:09 AM

710 posts, read 1,961,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
Stew on what? He's past all his deadlines contingencies or dealing from what I read. He used the sellers agent because he thought he was gonna save money. Now you're in a pickle. Wow imagine that someone out for their own interest willing to screw someone over to make a buck. If he backs out there can be legal action to force the sale. How much are you looking into possible attorneys fees, loss of earnest money and credit hit vs getting the remediation done? Good luck getting a house after this. That's if you can find a realtor in your area willing to work with you after this fiasco. Youre gonna kill your credit, and lose a ton of money either spending it with a lawyer or whatever you put down AND STILL Be possibly forced into a sale. ok you did something stupid but to competely decimate your future is not very smart. You most likely have to remodel/refurbish anyway. There are mold remediation companies out there that will come in and remediate. If you gotta remodel and even if you don't you can still get rid of mold. I don't care what house you live in it has mold somewhere
This is a GREAT lesson on why you protect yourself as a consumer. You ALWAYS want someone on your side of the table looking out for YOUR best interest. Before I purchase a house I go to a lawyer. Costs me a few hundred bucks but I'm ok with that considering the possible risk
How is this going to affect the OP's credit? And how will it affect them working with real estate agent? "Decimate" their future? Why not just say it will cause a sentence of capital punishment to rain down upon them for their transgression? I mean, since we're painting with hyperboles.

They won't be forced into a sale. That's just asinine.

Old 09-14-2013, 11:17 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,519,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wordy View Post
How is this going to affect the OP's credit? And how will it affect them working with real estate agent? "Decimate" their future? Why not just say it will cause a sentence of capital punishment to rain down upon them for their transgression? I mean, since we're painting with hyperboles.

They won't be forced into a sale. That's just asinine.
You really think realtors don't talk to one another about what buyer does what! Especially in a small town. you live in LA or giant city its different. If he signed off on all his contingencies seller can demand to close or you lose your earnest money if you don't. Ok maybe not force a sale but if you put a good amount of money down youll lose that. probbly a good thing if you are stupid and dont think ahead. Maybe youll learn a few things. If you think that this credit activity won't show on their credit report you're delusional. And if you think that nobody is gonna question the activity and what hapened you're twice as delusional. Walking out of a sale this far into it there will be some repercussions. They will lose something. And OP still has not said how much mold there actually is. For all we know this may be a square foot patch of mold and he's freaking out People exaggerate all the time. Its mold. Its everywhere and every house has it weather you know it or not. Its not as big a deal as some make it out to be.
All mold is dangerous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate