Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2013, 04:40 PM

3,158 posts, read 4,589,061 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KH02 View Post
Is this abnormal? We have been bringing our two school age children with us to showings when we see houses as we don't have sitters nearby. Then we have our realtor, so there are 5 people going into the house to look at it. Is the norm to find someone to watch the kids? Mine are very well behaved, but sometimes I notice that sellers wait in the cars on the street and I wonder if they are mad we have our children with us. We don't allow them to touch ANYTHING!!

Just curious about your view on both sides selling and looking.
I'll admit I don't like children in some cases adults even in my home while selling...When I watch them programs on TV showing kids going ape crazy as the parents/realtor say go pick out your room, the kids screaming running to claim their space siting on the beds .... Then you have the adults looking at a home flop down on the owners furniture sitting on arms of sofa crawling into the bath tub with shoes on, running there hands on the wall... Yeah I feel my BP go up... RRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2013, 05:10 PM

97 posts, read 202,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy52 View Post
So, you sold your house in spring and have been steadily looking at numerous houses and by now ( mid October) you still haven't bought.

Sounds like professional house hunters to me.

(after all, it was you that stated you looked at so many houses you could have bought a trailer if you had hired babysitters)
this is just weird.. you obviously must not have shopped for a house in the Chicago suburbs this summer. so is it a crime to wait for a house you really like that you want to be in for the next 15 years? While saving money renting month to month.. what is the big deal anyway?

Old 10-20-2013, 05:13 PM

3,463 posts, read 5,658,098 times
Bring kids to my immaculately prepared house? I guess you wouldn't mind me bringing my cats over to yours on Thanksgiving ? Dont worry, Ill watch them. They're well behaved.

Old 10-20-2013, 05:16 PM

399 posts, read 568,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
LOL
I had buyers whose kids got in a loud argument at walkthrough about who would get the larger bedroom.
Then Mom stepped in and said, "Your Dad and I will take that room."

The two kids were immediately united, wailing, "You always get the biggest room!!!"
See, I would have busted out laughing at that one. At one point, I remember my son and I moving into an apartment and him going into the master bedroom and saying... this one is mine. I guess he thought if he claimed it first, then it was his. Like a donut.

Old 10-20-2013, 05:18 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,130,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkat59 View Post
Bring kids to my immaculately prepared house? I guess you wouldn't mind me bringing my cats over to yours on Thanksgiving ? Dont worry, Ill watch them. They're well behaved.
The difference is a seller needs buyers. No one needs your bad pudding surprise and stories they have hear 57 times already.

Old 10-20-2013, 05:50 PM

399 posts, read 568,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCard~ View Post
Then you have the adults looking at a home flop down on the owners furniture sitting on arms of sofa crawling into the bath tub with shoes on, running there hands on the wall... Yeah I feel my BP go up... RRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
That BURNS ME UP. Shoes in the bathtub or shower. Your dirty clothes all over my comforter. Your (potentially) lice ridden hair all over my pillows.

Ugghh... classless

Old 10-20-2013, 05:53 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,236,574 times
Well, if you aren't happy with POTENTIAL BUYERS coming to your house with their kids or their parents or their shoes, I'd suggest you move out and then list your house. That way, the only thing they CAN dirty up is the carpet. Sheesh, people. You are selling your house. Get over your personal claim to the house and move on!

Old 10-20-2013, 08:13 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,368,059 times
Rude Buyers

Buyers climbing in a bathtub with their shoes on is just plain RUDE!!! To say nothing of possibly scratching the surface of the tub. And flopping down on a seller's bed is even worse. When in someone else's home, a polite, classy person would never do these things. But then, well behaved people today are in short supply.

Old 10-20-2013, 11:09 PM

3,158 posts, read 4,589,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
Well, if you aren't happy with POTENTIAL BUYERS coming to your house with their kids or their parents or their shoes, I'd suggest you move out and then list your house. That way, the only thing they CAN dirty up is the carpet. Sheesh, people. You are selling your house. Get over your personal claim to the house and move on!

Not selling we love our place this is it but from past doings when selling a few other homes we found most folks to be slobs and just wanting to look...:P

Old 10-20-2013, 11:40 PM

37,128 posts, read 42,193,480 times
I spent a good chunk of my childhood going to open houses with my parents. It's just what we did most weekends. It's in my blood.

My own kids came with us to have a second viewing of our house. We wanted to check out the appliances and eyeball the room sizes once again after our offer was accepted. The youngest was carried by my husband and the eldest looked at "her room" and was excited to see TWO bathrooms. But it's not like we were hanging out there or anything, and the realtor was with us the whole time and mostly we stood outside talking and taking in the activities on the street.

The sellers realtor contacted us a few days later to ask if we had been back to look at the yard and if we brought a dog over. I said no, we didn't own a dog and why was she asking? The owners had a rabbit (they actually offered it to us after we put the offer in and we agreed to keep it) that they let hop around the backyard and found it dead when they got home and thought it was attacked by something. I don't know if it was another potential buyer came buy with a dog or if it was something in the neighborhood, but the house was still being shown since we were still meeting our contingency to sell our other house so it's not impossible for that to have happened I suppose.

We were happy when we got the keys, sad not to get the bunny.

Last edited by Ceece; 10-20-2013 at 11:54 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate