Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2013, 03:25 PM

8,079 posts, read 10,077,804 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post

2. "Junk Fees". Auto dealers have been doing this for decades and now the real estate industry is copying them. This is why you read contracts. We had the $250 admin fee removed in the contract and then the title compnay put it right back in because they were not paying attention.
But what is it? Your fee for 'disposing' of the incompetent realtor when the deal is done?

Auto dealers use it for getting rid of old parts, but what 'old parts' are there when a real estate deal is completed? Files?

I always just draw a line through these sorts of fees and pay the core charges for the services which I have received.

Easy money if you can get it.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2013, 03:41 PM

469 posts, read 1,037,426 times
Her tech support was closed on Sunday and Monday......I plan on giving her the news about the fee as soon as she gives it too me, electronically of course! I, too, have made that a number one prerequisite in hiring a buyer's agent, and my last listing agent, too, as I was 9000 miles away, when it actually closed.

Old 10-15-2013, 04:57 PM

2,153 posts, read 5,176,099 times
DocuSign and E-Sign are both very easy to use. Anyone with the least bit of computer savvy should have no trouble executing a contract using these tools.

The only time I do not use one of these programs is if the property is one where the Seller demands "wet signatures". Even when this occurs I will email the contract, ask the client to sign in blue ink, fax or email a copy to me that I can submit to the seller quickly. I also have them keep a copy for themselves and once the offer is accepted they can overnight the originals (in case they are needed).

About the administrative fee, I was unaware that anyone in AZ was still charging these fees. There are so many good agencies in AZ that do not charge Buyers a fee, it makes no sense to charge it (or pay it).

Preparing documents is what an agent is supposed to do, it is their job. The idea that they charge extra to do what they are supposed to do it preposterous. It would be like ordering food in a restaurant and having the waiter put on a delivery charge to bring it to your table.

Old 10-15-2013, 05:10 PM

Agency is in Green Valley. She's had to do almost nothing, too, and it is a cash purchase. As usual, most of the agent's expenditures of energy/time are related to the listing agent not providing the important details. "Oh, btw, rentals aren't allowed." Hardly worth mentioning.

Old 10-15-2013, 07:51 PM

5,046 posts, read 9,622,618 times
You can go no further with this. She may be good the old fashioned way and that's fine. But she has not updated and you need updated. She is not prepared. There are lots of classes and just plain secretary's help in teaching this. If you want to keep her company, contact her broker and ask for someone top of the line in technology. Otherwise switch.

Old 10-15-2013, 08:04 PM

Between that and the trailer park I discovered on the satellite photos, she has been excused. I really enjoy the leverage of shopping in multiple markets, and one I was very close to offering on, last month, is now back on the market (in another State). Now if only I knew what the listing agent is not telling about this HOA.

Old 10-15-2013, 10:58 PM

5,046 posts, read 9,622,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homebeyer2013 View Post
Between that and the trailer park I discovered on the satellite photos, she has been excused. I really enjoy the leverage of shopping in multiple markets, and one I was very close to offering on, last month, is now back on the market (in another State). Now if only I knew what the listing agent is not telling about this HOA.
Is that the one far away? Can you go to meetings? If not, they may have a website with the CCRs, bylaws, updates, newsletter, minutes. Or you can have the realtor print up a few months of minutes etc and the meeting packet with financial info. Or just ask her to send you whatever you like.

Old 10-16-2013, 10:42 AM

10,965 posts, read 21,985,795 times
It's Coldwell, not Caldwell. On the other issue, just call your agent and see what the holdup is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate