Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2013, 09:59 PM

805 posts, read 1,558,511 times

Advertisements

So if no heating or cooling does that mean all duct work will have to be done? I would assume that would be pretty costly.
Also looks like that stove is electric not gas, which will drive you nuts and you may want to replace with gas.
How is the condition of the wood?

Old 11-06-2013, 10:05 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,587,071 times
I wil be going to see this property Friday. I will get back with everyone on here to tell you.

Old 11-06-2013, 10:07 PM

28,455 posts, read 85,361,596 times
Not only does the home lack "photo appeal" there is nothing to suggest that this property is worth substantially more today that it was in 2000, joker likely installed some DIY vinyl siding to cover the rotted away who-knows-what that the place had when this mastermind bought the mess -- ugly, ramshackle structure, too many bedrooms, too few bathrooms, weird manufactured housing, issues with HVAC, overly large property that is almost certainly inconveniently located for anyone with the sort of job like to afford the cost / time required to maintain this much land...

Not just "money pit" but also "unsellable white elephant". Me thinks there are very good reason this in not listed with a real estate firm -- no agent would come up with a price anywhere near what the looney bird trying to sell this is currently asking!

Honestly I have not been through Nashville in about a decade but I know that there have been folks involved in the music business that often have built rather large impressive homes with attached recording studios in 'em tucked away in quiet wooded areas so I can almost understand what is going through the mind of the seller but they are completely bonkers if they have dreamed that this property falls into such a category -- it looks more likely to be sort of "cult compound starter kit" -- get yourself a flock of gullible followers and arm yourself to the teeth for when the ATF people come after you...

As others have said MAYBE if you had a large family and needed additional quarters for relatives or employees then you could use this sort of place but to kind yourself into believing this is some kind of "deal" suggests that the joker trying to con you into taking this beast off his hands has some kind of Jedi powers of persuasion...

Old 11-06-2013, 10:16 PM

Here is a email the owner of the property sent me, We are willing to go down on the price to around $185,000.00 rather than $220,000.00. This would be an "as is" sale with there needing to be some repairs made. The property is around 12 acres plus or minus and belongs to our corporation but there should be no problem selling it in this matter. I simply can not work in Nashville and keep up with the maintenance and repairs. There is the big old farmhouse and two mobile homes. There is also a tiny commercial kitchen on the property as well. I do not know exactly what we will leave with the property but I sure that we will most likely leave some things.

This property is in Pegram near Nashville. I do believe the owner has not had much luck selling this because he talked like he was real happy about me calling.

Old 11-06-2013, 10:32 PM

5,046 posts, read 9,619,399 times
Some thoughts.

I don't think it will be easy, if at all possible, to get a loan on this. Since the mobile homes are part of the package, they would have to meet stringent loan approval requirements.

If a lender were found how much of an issue is that heating and cooling situation you mention? Would a lender lend...well, particularly regarding heating... and would occupancy be allowed.

How is plumbing? Septic? A few separate systems?

And, in the end, if you ever got a loan on the entire property, the entire property would be your collateral. Therefore, if you were to piece off the mobile homes and land...well, there would go the collateral so you'd have to do something about that. A lender wouldn't allow loss of the collateral. So you'd have to think about paying the loan off or some arrangment.

Old 11-07-2013, 04:50 AM

8,590 posts, read 12,342,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post

This property is in Pegram near Nashville. I do believe the owner has not had much luck selling this because he talked like he was real happy about me calling.
First, no one here knows that market and if the sale price is appropriate. Do some research on sale prices of similar properties. What does 11/12 acres of land sell for in the area. That should be your starting point. Neither the mobile homes or house look habitable. Getting a loan will be very difficult.

Yes, he's happy because he thinks he's found a fool. Don't be the fool.

Old 11-07-2013, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrah View Post
First, no one here knows that market and if the sale price is appropriate. Do some research on sale prices of similar properties. What does 11/12 acres of land sell for in the area. That should be your starting point. Neither the mobile homes or house look habitable. Getting a loan will be very difficult.

Yes, he's happy because he thinks he's found a fool. Don't be the fool.
Someone told me a acre sells for 25,000 in Pegram. Land is not flat here, so this property is most likely on a side of hill or mountain which I think lowers the price down.

Old 11-07-2013, 06:37 AM

8,573 posts, read 12,405,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
Someone told me a acre sells for 25,000 in Pegram. Land is not flat here, so this property is most likely on a side of hill or mountain which I think lowers the price down.
I don't know the area, but I really doubt that acreage parcels in that part of TN are going for $25,000/acre. A 1-acre building lot could easily go for $25,000, but that doesn't really translate into a general per-acre value. You also need to realize that per-acre prices will vary considerably by location, size of the parcel, zoning, topography, etc., etc.--even within a given community.

Besides, I sure wouldn't rely on what someone just tells you.

Old 11-07-2013, 06:55 AM

4,566 posts, read 10,654,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckodeirish View Post
Also looks like that stove is electric not gas, which will drive you nuts and you may want to replace with gas.
Just because you prefer gas stoves, doesn't mean everyone does or it is inferior. They cost the same price. I prefer electric.

Old 11-07-2013, 07:02 AM

4,566 posts, read 10,654,191 times
You need to find proof its a good deal. Similar properties without the trailers that are for sale, or have sold. Then put a separate price tag on the trailers based on condition, etc, and add them in.

At the end of the day, it would need to appraise out before the bank gave you a loan. Is it a good deal? Only you will know after you do the research.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate