Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2013, 11:33 PM

5,046 posts, read 9,624,436 times

Advertisements

Re serving him in Ireland...he's here some of the time, right? Is it with any regularity? Certain months of the year? It could be timed if you see him next door. Then it's up to him to solve the legal matter from his side. He may just be a busy careless person and may pay you for your trouble even before court.

You seem to be doing everything possible. Good for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2013, 12:28 AM

9,891 posts, read 11,768,929 times
Bleach does not kill mold, it only takes the color out of it. To kill the mold, spray it with Ammonia. That will kill it. Then wash it down well with water. After that dries spray it with bleach to take the color out. Do not mix Ammonia and Bleach, as it will make Chlorine Gas which is deadly. Make sure the Ammonia is well washed out before you put on the bleach.

Old 11-10-2013, 08:45 AM

867 posts, read 723,566 times
Look into using vinegar on the mold, too, though be careful not to spill it on any plants.

Good luck with all of this!

Old 11-10-2013, 03:11 PM

9,145 posts, read 14,768,819 times
What you have is not mold, it is efflorescence. The water is causing minerals to leach out if the masonry. You will need something like muriatic acid to clean it. CLR might work, but it will be easier and cheaper to go to a home improvement or hardware store and get the muriatic and an acid brush.

Old 11-11-2013, 02:56 AM

255 posts, read 451,647 times
We have never met nor even seen this neighbor so do not know if he's ever here; don't know anything about him at all.

I'm running an experiment. At the top of the hour each hour (today was from noon to 6 pm) I go out and look over the wall to see if towels I draped over his side of the wall are wet or not. Nothing so far. I'm going to try to start at 6 am tomorrow. The rationale for this is that a person would most likely set the timer to go off at a the beginning of a given hour. At the very least, I should get a rough idea when the wall is getting soaked. As I mentioned before, if I have the time the water waste 'incident' occurs I can file a water waste report.

The person who originally hopped over the wall to check out the where the water was coming from also said the wall has effervescence. I will get the muriatic acid to clean the wall. Thanks for that suggestion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate