Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2013, 07:45 PM

1,455 posts, read 2,496,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tipitop View Post
Because I want be just like you doing little paper work instead of my hardcore job. It is not roofing or siding what I do, it is extremely technical job and I can not hire no one to do it. Such peoples exist but they need not me above head just like I need not them. To one who call me self proclaim go trough my posts and you will find my handy work. It is not such ting like self proclaim in carpentry as we can post what we do.
Since you apparently know what I do for a job, I presume we can add clairvoyance to you growing list of talents. Congrats on your "hardcore" job BTW. I got a good chuckle out of that (hint - you may want to look up the meaning of "hardcore" and no, not the concrete one).

BTW I don't move bits of paper but I do spend a great amount of my time consulting with clients. Not to be too condescending, but I really don't think I could explain what I do in a way that you could understand.

Again, good luck, you are an amazingly multi-faceted person who can do anything you set your mind to, I know I'll be reading about you in Fortune Magazine one day, Donald Trump had better watch out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2013, 09:57 PM

410 posts, read 1,292,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngolf View Post
As I see it, it does not take to much to get into your business. Many do it as it is simple to get into it. One day I flip burgers. The next day I am a Real Estate Agent. Many do crash and burn but, as you say, they take buyers down with them. This reflects on your business. Were it me, I would raise the entrance fee/gate/level, whatever to try and weed them out.
I absolutely 100% agree with this!!!

Old 11-16-2013, 11:50 PM

752 posts, read 1,164,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azcater View Post
I absolutely 100% agree with this!!!
No, there will not be entrance raising. Anyone should try to take easy money like a realtor.

Old 11-16-2013, 11:52 PM

752 posts, read 1,164,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timfountain View Post
Since you apparently know what I do for a job, I presume we can add clairvoyance to you growing list of talents. Congrats on your "hardcore" job BTW. I got a good chuckle out of that (hint - you may want to look up the meaning of "hardcore" and no, not the concrete one).

BTW I don't move bits of paper but I do spend a great amount of my time consulting with clients. Not to be too condescending, but I really don't think I could explain what I do in a way that you could understand.

Again, good luck, you are an amazingly multi-faceted person who can do anything you set your mind to, I know I'll be reading about you in Fortune Magazine one day, Donald Trump had better watch out.
Man watch yourself in mirror. It is evident that you don't have 3 clear in head.

Old 11-17-2013, 03:59 AM

8,005 posts, read 7,211,328 times
Quote:
Man watch yourself in mirror. It is evident that you don't have 3 clear in head.
Thank you for my new status. 1insider with 3 clear in head

Old 11-17-2013, 02:12 PM

9,891 posts, read 11,757,343 times
Quote:
As I see it, it does not take to much to get into your business. Many do it as it is simple to get into it. One day I flip burgers. The next day I am a Real Estate Agent. Many do crash and burn but, as you say, they take buyers down with them. This reflects on your business. Were it me, I would raise the entrance fee/gate/level, whatever to try and weed them out.
As a commercial/investment/1031 exchange Broker from 1971 till I finally retired for good, I can only say DITTO to your posting. 80+ percent fail out of the business, often not making even one cent for their efforts.

Biggest reason, they have no idea of what they are doing. I spent a year taking university classes, and some expensive private classes before entering the business and had nearly 20 years sales experience when I went into the business. It was not luck, that I was able to sell a smaller upscale apartment house my first day, and the one next door to it two days later. Following up the next work week, exchanging a 16 deluxe unit for a down payment on a large irrigated farm. Hit the $ 1,000,000 club the first two weeks in the business and went up from there. I was only able to do it, because I spent the time to learn the business before going into it. Too many people go into the business, thinking anyone can be a huge success in the Real Estate Business. All they have to do is get a license and they will be a success. Boy are most of them wrong, and fail out of the business.

As you say, the take a lot of people down with them. I remember well having to help those that were hurt, to get out of the problems they were in due to some sales agent that did not know what they doing. And I charged $100 an hour clear back in the seventies to be a problem solver.

Old 11-17-2013, 03:29 PM

410 posts, read 1,292,898 times
Quote:
No, there will not be entrance raising. Anyone should try to take easy money like a realtor.
Where is this easy money you speak of??? I would love to know where it is.

Old 11-17-2013, 04:46 PM

4,826 posts, read 14,308,096 times
My two cents. No matter what you do, no harm will come from getting the education. Once you are eligible for licensure, you can decide, are you ready to enter the real estate business as a professional, will you decide to be a part time licensee, or will you take the valuable information gained and put it to good use simply because you have gained more knowledge?

I suggest you go for the license, but never enter the real estate business as a part-time Realtor.

Old 11-17-2013, 05:01 PM

1,455 posts, read 2,496,016 times
Quote:
I can confirm that I have "watched" myself in the mirror and indeed I am "clear in the head". No hat, long eyebrows, glasses or other things that might cloud my view. Thanks for reminding me to check, I was worried for a moment there.

Old 11-17-2013, 05:31 PM

43,266 posts, read 77,043,330 times
Uh. Folks.
Elvis has just left the building.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate