U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2013, 06:48 PM

155 posts, read 516,839 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
And just wait until they file a claim under this so-called insurance to find out how drastically (negative) different that company is compared to the excellent customer service they've become used to when dealing with Geico auto.
Thanks for your comment.

So how about STATE FORM OR ALL STATE INSURANCE
even they too from third party or they have their own insurance

Any idea
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2013, 09:50 PM

5,450 posts, read 9,161,979 times
State Farm sells and services their own. I have been insured with them for auto for 43 years and homeowners for 35. Very happy with them as far as price, claims and general customer service.

Old 11-28-2013, 06:20 AM

23,711 posts, read 27,810,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusJosephUS View Post
Thanks for your comment.

So how about STATE FORM OR ALL STATE INSURANCE
even they too from third party or they have their own insurance

Any idea
After being with Geico for 25+ years with whom I've never had an issue with an Auto claim and then dealing with their 3rd party insurance company (Travelers) who after three months still haven't come to a conclusion to our first home claim ever, we've come to the conclusion due to massive aggravation to drop Geico and their 3rd party ins company and switch over to a company that actually services both. We have a nearby neighbor who has State Farm for the home and they are not doing much better. They also have Geico and are also deciding if to switch away too.

In my opinion I should have stayed with Erie (20+ years ago) instead of listening to the sales pitch from Geico and its discounts.

Old 11-28-2013, 07:18 AM

11,590 posts, read 7,472,808 times
do you have a dog? certain breeds can affect your homeowners insurance or at least it use to be that way. after years with the insurance company that I had at the time, they asked me one day when they were updating my information did I have a dog. they asked what breed did I have and I told them I have a german shepherd. they told me that my dog was on the vicious dogs list and that I had to get rid of him or they would drop my insurance coverage. I didn't get rid of my beautiful dog I just change company. I know it use to be that way with various insurance companies but its just something to be aware of.

Old 11-28-2013, 08:01 AM

23,711 posts, read 27,810,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
do you have a dog? certain breeds can affect your homeowners insurance or at least it use to be that way. after years with the insurance company that I had at the time, they asked me one day when they were updating my information did I have a dog. they asked what breed did I have and I told them I have a german shepherd. they told me that my dog was on the vicious dogs list and that I had to get rid of him or they would drop my insurance coverage. I didn't get rid of my beautiful dog I just change company. I know it use to be that way with various insurance companies but its just something to be aware of.
Yes your breed is on the BAD list.

11 Riskiest Dog Breeds for Homeowners and Renters - Forbes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate