Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2013, 05:14 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,176,191 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado xxxxx View Post
Much thanks all !, now the fun begins. I had a good feeling so I already dived in this morning, we have no plans for turkey day so we will have plenty to do.
Problem with full price offers.... make sure they get the appraisal done ASAP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2013, 05:41 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,339,531 times
Just take it one room at a time. Only you will know how long it will take to box everything. Are PODS an option? You pack it, store it, and someone else moves it to your new home. I am sure that the PODS people would be happy to come out and figure how much space you would need to store what you have.

Either way, congrats on the sale. Hopefully all will go as it should. Problems can occur and often do, but you are one step closer to your future home and life.

Old 11-25-2013, 06:22 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,477,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Problem with full price offers.... make sure they get the appraisal done ASAP.
Thank I am very confident we will appraise for that amount, our same model with finished basement appraised and sold for 25k more than us so no problems there, as basement is about 25k normally.

Old 11-25-2013, 06:54 PM

4,927 posts, read 5,313,214 times
Quote:
Good points all.

Chet I really like your points about structuring deal to be agreeable to both parties. If they had given us til Jan 15th I would take it, but moving 3 states away in 3 weeks with 3 bedrooms in such a short time I am inclined to say full price and take my chances.

They want back to back closing on their old/new house that's why they want 3 weeks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeIsWhere... View Post
Go for it!
Quote:
Yes we will have to............I just was notified they accepted our full price offer! So let the fun begin
Congratulations Colorado & to Mrs. Colorado as well! It could have went in any direction but I am glad that it did not, so glad you went with your gut and got lucky, sincerely!

Old 11-25-2013, 07:46 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,477,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeIsWhere... View Post
Congratulations Colorado & to Mrs. Colorado as well! It could have went in any direction but I am glad that it did not, so glad you went with your gut and got lucky, sincerely!
Thanks much for your support and everyone's

Old 11-25-2013, 08:23 PM

97 posts, read 202,767 times
I suggest you not be greedy.. this so-called "recovery" is about to implode.. if you have a good offer .. take it. Things are changing quickly and in January comes new mortgage rules. Housing is slowing.. and you can't be guaranteed anything close to what we had this spring come next spring.

"This is the fifth consecutive monthly decline in pending home sales and even though a smorgasbord of Wall Street's best and brightest doth protest, it would appear the lagged impact of rising rates is with us for good (as the fast money has left the flipping building). This is the biggest YoY decline since April 2011 as NAR blames low inventories and affordability for the poor performance. Perhaps more worrying for those still clinging to the hope that this ends well is the new mortgage rules in January that could further delay approvals."

U.S. Pending Home Sales Fall for 5th Straight Month - WSJ.com

Old 11-25-2013, 08:42 PM

97 posts, read 202,767 times
Didn't read whole thread.. congrats on sale

Old 11-25-2013, 09:48 PM

6,816 posts, read 11,540,499 times
I'll tell you I'm jealous. We sold our house in 2010 but after 15 months on market, and our buyers wanted possession in 5 weeks. Lots of stuff to pack, but we did it. Take it one room at a time and set daily goals. You'll do it too.

Old 11-26-2013, 04:28 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,609,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cully View Post
Curious about something. You're good with the realtor's advice on not countering the current offer. But you're questioning the list price. Did the realtor not have input in showing you comps and giving advice and ideas on the list price too?

So if you were back to being happy with the list price...you had the chance for pretty much a full price contract...or at least to negotiate reasonably to near that. What's better?

Personally, if you were happy with the list price, the counter where the buyer essentially finances his closing costs pretty much is a good counter.

However, the three week thing should also be part of a counter...and possibly was thrown in there to leave room for that.

I think throwing out any offer without countering is foolish. Can't hurt to counter when it's so close to perfect.
I think the OP is just being greedy!

Old 11-26-2013, 07:56 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,741,423 times
Congratulations that is how every sale should be!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate