Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 06:42 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,272,804 times

Advertisements

This thread has run it's course..time to close it in my opinion...we have all been outspoken in our views and doesn't seem like anyone has changed his/her mind...Enough. Good luck to all!

Old 04-28-2008, 06:55 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,520,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
This thread has run it's course..time to close it in my opinion...we have all been outspoken in our views and doesn't seem like anyone has changed his/her mind...Enough. Good luck to all!
Ditto I second that.

Old 04-30-2008, 05:17 PM

23 posts, read 49,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommabear2 View Post
If you want to protect yourself from being upside down... get a good deal on a house in an area that holds it's value (there are places like that you know) then put enough money down so you can afford your payments. If you are upside down w/ your house in 3 years but plan to stay for 10... what does it matter? The market will go back up. It always does.

It doesn't matter what you think the market is going to be in 2-3 years (if you think it's going to tank... then wait), it just makes you a bad negotiator if the only way you can get a good deal on a house is to lowball. If that's the only way you can afford a house then maybe you shouldn't buy at all. Lowballing is for amateurs and greedy people.
Well said! Who are they trying to convince? If they’re that smart, you’d think they’d be out there snapping up property like crazy instead of proselytising on here.

58robbo
Quote:
i am prepared to wait, but if i can buy a place at the price i think it is going to drop to, then i will buy now.
Oh for a crystal ball… Now prices will NEVER be drop to prices.

Quote:
i really, really, really believe that house prices are going to fall drastically in the next 2-3 years
So rent and wait 2-3 years then.

Quote:
i was kinda hoping to extract intelligent contrary argument ie
You mean ‘e.g.’, not ‘ie’.

leavingbyron
Quote:
I'm about to be a buyer and although I want a good deal, I don't want to suck someone's eyeballs out, either...and I don't expect to get something for hardly nothing.
It’s good to find someone who still has standards of decency.

VirginiaGirl1
Quote:
They will suck your eyeball out so who's suckingf first?
Ooo err… Not so for you sweetness… As for your post #202, do you really think that that disaster situation is funny?

ViewFromThePeak
Quote:
Plus, the problem is macroeconomic and not going to show any location mercy. Any location.
You obviously don’t understand RE location issues.

As for crystal balls, my prediction is that 58robbo will marry VirginiaGirl1, with ViewFromThePeak as Best Man… They may not have a house to live in though.

Old 04-30-2008, 05:27 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,005,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UK_Duffer View Post
As for crystal balls, my prediction is that 58robbo will marry VirginiaGirl1, with ViewFromThePeak as Best Man… They may not have a house to live in though.
Now that there's funny, I don't care who you are!!!

Old 05-01-2008, 02:11 AM

8,954 posts, read 4,270,717 times
Too many personal attacks. Closing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate