U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 12:08 PM

693 posts, read 2,644,080 times

Advertisements

Looking for a second (or third) opinion here.

My house was listed when I was living in it. I've already moved out, everything is patched repainted and super-duper-cleaned. House was built in 2006 and I wanted to look like new. I think I accomplished that!

Question - should I have new pictures taken with the house empty and replace the ones in the MLS listing that have furniture? My agent recommended to keep the pictures but I wonder if pictures of the empty rooms would be more attractive. Here there is a lot of new construction competing with my not-new-construction house (I refuse to call it "old" lol) and I have a feeling that the pictures with furniture makes people less interested because it tells that the house has been lived in.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2007, 12:30 PM

1,375 posts, read 6,016,466 times
Can you post a link to the listing? I'd be interested in seeing the photos with furniture before giving an opinion...

Old 11-28-2007, 12:30 PM

2,310 posts, read 1,790,381 times
i think it depends on how nicely staged your home was with furniture in it. people like to see how they could possibly arrange things and what certain areas can be used for. if your home was over crowded with furniture and not to a taste that would appeal to the majority, then maybe you should post new pics. but, if you had neutral stuff that looked nice i would probably keep the same pics. you should provide the link to your pics so we can judge it...

Old 11-28-2007, 12:31 PM

238 posts, read 726,883 times
My vote is for new pictures. From a buyer's pov, houses always look better without somebody else's furniture in them.

Old 11-28-2007, 12:52 PM

693 posts, read 2,644,080 times
thank you every one here is the link you requested

Single Family Home - 133 Grantwood, Holly Springs, NC, 27540 - Realtor.com

Old 11-28-2007, 12:55 PM

2,310 posts, read 1,790,381 times
i think the home is BEAUTIFUL and I think very nicely decorated. I would leave the old pics. very nice! (the first one I saw the furniture looked a little too big for the room, so I might take that one out)
good luck! if I were moving to your area I would buy it!

Old 11-28-2007, 01:07 PM

1,320 posts, read 3,999,966 times
Grass Is Greener, I have spent the past 8 years photographing virtual tours of homes in Atlanta so I have vast expertise in this area. Keep all your current pictures EXCEPT the master bath. The current one has 2 towels hanging from the shower, a shaving mirror, and a bath mat, all of which detract from the vignette.

FYI, vacant homes almost always look smaller than furnished homes. They also tend to look "colder". The photos of your home are excellent. I definitely would not switch them out.

Old 11-28-2007, 01:11 PM

1,408 posts, read 7,695,339 times
the only picture i would retake is your master bath. the first thing i noticed in that picture are the towels hanging from the shower. other than that, i think you're pictures look great. maybe your agent can add more pictures (you can have up to 25)

Old 11-28-2007, 01:14 PM

335 posts, read 1,122,962 times
I agree with intown. Pictures look beautiful, the home seems really nice.
Good Luck, Liz

Old 11-28-2007, 01:17 PM

353 posts, read 1,629,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfingatwork View Post
the only picture i would retake is your master bath. the first thing i noticed in that picture are the towels hanging from the shower. other than that, i think you're pictures look great. maybe your agent can add more pictures (you can have up to 25)

I agree with Surfing. I would change the bathroom picture. Everything else looks really great!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate